Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo school Phase 1 and 2 on the same weekend?

Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 PM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Evo school Phase 1 and 2 on the same weekend?

So I'm considering doing the Evolution autocross school in March. I need the input of someone who has done it.

Should I go for Phase 1 on Saturday and Phase 2 on Sunday, or stick with Phase 1 and postpone Phase 2?

Meaning how mentally and physically taxing is it? Will I have anything left in me after Phase 1 to concentrate on Phase 2?

I'll probably do Phase 2 again in the future, because I realize Phase 2 is best exploited once you're comfortable with Phase 1 concepts. But I'd rather leave with as much knowledge as possible after the first weekend.

I'm a decent driver, I have a couple dozen autocrosses under my belt. Usually first or near the top out of the guys on street tires (not at SCCA events, but at events like Porsche club, SpeedVentures, etc). I know I have a lot to learn, the question is can I cram it into one weekend?

Thanks, guys.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by steel_3d
So I'm considering doing the Evolution autocross school in March. I need the input of someone who has done it.

Should I go for Phase 1 on Saturday and Phase 2 on Sunday, or stick with Phase 1 and postpone Phase 2?

Meaning how mentally and physically taxing is it? Will I have anything left in me after Phase 1 to concentrate on Phase 2?

I'll probably do Phase 2 again in the future, because I realize Phase 2 is best exploited once you're comfortable with Phase 1 concepts. But I'd rather leave with as much knowledge as possible after the first weekend.

I'm a decent driver, I have a couple dozen autocrosses under my belt. Usually first or near the top out of the guys on street tires (not at SCCA events, but at events like Porsche club, SpeedVentures, etc). I know I have a lot to learn, the question is can I cram it into one weekend?

Thanks, guys.
I haven't taken it for a couple years - but, I've taken it here in Cincinnati 3 or 4 times. Always both phases on a single weekend. I think it's commonly done back to back.
It's well worth the time, effort and dollars. Get plenty of sleep on Saturday nite- between Day 1 and 2.
Hope this helps some.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:46 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done Phase I and II but separated by six months. In retrospect, I think it would actually be more effective to take them back to back on the same weekend; more reinforcement.

I have friends who have taken them back to back, and I don't think anyone found this approach too taxing mentally or physically.

Jim
Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Great! Thanks, guys!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Also don't be afraid to repeat them. Apply what you've learned for a few months or the rest of the season then take them again and you'll learn different things the 2nd time around.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:06 PM
biggrizzly
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist

If you are interested I just did an interview with Mike "Junior" Johnson of Evolution Performance Driving School about a week or so ago for an article I'm writing. The interview is a little on the long side... about an hour or so but he talks about the two different classes and even a bit more.

http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org...0Interview.mp3

Get notified of new replies

To Evo school Phase 1 and 2 on the same weekend?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evo school Phase 1 and 2 on the same weekend?