Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Have Any Experience With Borla XR-1 Racing Mufflers?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Anybody Have Any Experience With Borla XR-1 Racing Mufflers?

On my C6 Z06 I've been running pretty much straight pipes for awhile and for track use with a helmet on it works for me sound wise. For occasional street use however it's a bit too loud. Has anybody tried the Borla XR-1 racing mufflers and, if so, how much quieter did the car get? Part# BOR-40943 only weighs 8 pounds a piece so not too heavy. I'm not looking for OEM quiet but just trying to determine if it would noticeably reduce the decibel level. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcar00
On my C6 Z06 I've been running pretty much straight pipes for awhile and for track use with a helmet on it works for me sound wise. For occasional street use however it's a bit too loud. Has anybody tried the Borla XR-1 racing mufflers and, if so, how much quieter did the car get? Part# BOR-40943 only weighs 8 pounds a piece so not too heavy. I'm not looking for OEM quiet but just trying to determine if it would noticeably reduce the decibel level. Thanks.
If you noted the sound of our car at Sebring last weekend, we run those on the #9 car.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike that's one of the mufflers I use on the Beast. I have two different models run in a series. Currently I'm only running the one you have in question here which you heard at VIR.

I'm all in favor of you adding more weight. Can't you find anything heavier?

Mike
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FlamingZ06
If you noted the sound of our car at Sebring last weekend, we run those on the #9 car.
I was trying to but it went by too damn fast!!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Mike that's one of the mufflers I use on the Beast. I have two different models run in a series. Currently I'm only running the one you have in question here which you heard at VIR.

I'm all in favor of you adding more weight. Can't you find anything heavier?

Mike
Well, it sounds like if I choose this muffler I'll be in good company. Not really an apples to apples comparison though. I think I only heard your car from 6,500 rpm to 8,500 rpm!

Damn, everyone's using a sequential except me!

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody Have Any Experience With Borla XR-1 Racing Mufflers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody Have Any Experience With Borla XR-1 Racing Mufflers?