Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Orleans track event March 24-25 on brand new track!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 834 Likes on 594 Posts

Default New Orleans track event March 24-25 on brand new track!!

Edited Jan 26, 2012: The event has been CANCELLED!!

I got my registration fee refunded by cluberegistration.net, then got an email from Flat Out Motorsports that there just wasn't enough early interest and they had to cancel.
------------------------------

I got the email below from Flat Out Motorsports, and they're sponsoring an HPDE at the brand new NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans March 24-25.

Has anybody run this track yet???

There's a link below to a parade lap around the track and it looks beautiful!!! No elevation changes, but LOTS of runoff room, beautiful looking paving, great curbing, and I'm looking forward to running there!!

Hello Drivers,

Happy New Year! We are pleased to announce our first track event for 2012 is now open for registration. Flat Out Motorsports will be holding it’s first event of 2012 at the brand new NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA. The event is scheduled for the weekend of March 24th & 25th. As with all Flat Out Motorsports events, we have limited space for maximum fun and safety. We are only accepting 88 cars for this event. NOLA Motorsports Park is a 2.75 mile track with 16 turns and a 3,360 foot straight.

We will be running 4 run groups which means only 22 cars on the track @ a time. Lots of open space!!! Each run group will have 4 sessions a day and sessions are 25 min. long. Car #'s WILL be provided for all attendees. You must be solo qualified with PCA, PBOC, NASA, Chin, etc... to register for this event. For cancellations please read our cancellation policy on our website on www.flatoutmotorsports.us

The hotel for this event is the Sleep Inn & Suites which is a Choice hotel. It is only 4 miles from the track and we negotiated the rate down to $79/night from $109/night

Contact info:
Sleep Inn & Suites
6589 Westbank Expwy , Marrero, LA 70072
Phone: (504) 309-5700

You will need to mention you are with Flat Out Motorsports to get the $79 rate

The fee for the entire weekend is $499 per driver. You can register for the event in our shop on the Flat Out Motorsports Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flat-...p_135607783795

You can also register for the event on Clubregistration.net if you have an account.

http://clubregistration.net/driver/e...?event_id=3777

Please feel free to forward this message to any of your track buddies. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us at flatoutmotorsport@gmail.com or find us on Facebook.

Drive Flat Out!
Flat Out Motorsports
www.flatoutmotorsports.us

And here's a follow up email with the link to a parade lap:

Hello Drivers,

To those that have asked about the track. The track IS open and has
held some member track days. We haven't found any video from those
cars yet @ speed but here is some parade lap video of the full North
Course which is what we are running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eib0J6gZUkU

This is a top notch facility so don't miss an opportunity to be one of
the first on it. Please register as soon as possible if you plan on
attending. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us.

Sincerely,
Flat Out Motorsports

On the clubregistration.net site there are only about 8 of us registered so far, so there should be plenty of room to sign up for what should be a great event on a really nice looking brand new track!!

I'm in, so I'll c'ya at the track!!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-26-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply: New Orleans track event March 24-25 on brand new track!!