Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z06 Street/Road Race from LG Motorsports 570 rwhp package

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default C6Z06 Street/Road Race from LG Motorsports 570 rwhp package

Hey guys,

The open track season never really ends in Texas, and being almost 80 today we are getting track cars going very early this year. This is the first Z06 for 2012 for us to hit the track.

2006 Z06,
Modifications include:
  • LG G7X5R cam kit (road race version)
  • 1 7/8" LT Headers
  • Borla Sport cat back
  • FAST 102 LSXR intake
  • LG Carbon CAI
  • LG G2 coil overs
  • Cobalt XR2 pads
  • StopTech stainless lines
  • LG Spindle duct kit
  • LS9R clutch
  • LG Solid DS couplers

The goal here was to make the most usable power on the track so everything is configured for a 4-7k RPM range. Handing all of that power is a nice set of R compound Nitto tires pushed to the ground by the famous LG G2 coil over suspension!

Can't wait to see you out at the track Mike!

Thanks again for choosing LG Motorsports
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anthony I'm looking to move up to a bigger cam, along with adding the FAST/NW. Right now I'm at 540/497 with something like a 236/244 on a 114 but it's been too long and I can't remember the dang lift.

Do you divulge cam specs? I know some folks do and some don't. Has there been head work done to this Z? If not, you're getting all that power from a cam and intake? (no TB?) How does it idle/drive down low? Do you have an idle clip you could post?

Thanks much - and enjoy the weather, it's raining (finally) in Calif.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by GreekPT
Anthony I'm looking to move up to a bigger cam, along with adding the FAST/NW. Right now I'm at 540/497 with something like a 236/244 on a 114 but it's been too long and I can't remember the dang lift.

Do you divulge cam specs? I know some folks do and some don't. Has there been head work done to this Z? If not, you're getting all that power from a cam and intake? (no TB?) How does it idle/drive down low? Do you have an idle clip you could post?

Thanks much - and enjoy the weather, it's raining (finally) in Calif.
As for the cam specs...I can not, but if we get into a custom ground cam I am sure Louis would go over some ball park numbers for you. As for an off the shelf grind, I do not think he would let those go.

The only change to the heads was the addition of a stainless exhaust valve. No port work or chamber work was performed.

Stock throttle body, un-touched, and stock balancer.

I'll try to get some pics and a video of the car Monday for you. It's a bigger cam, make no mistake about it.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to the vids Anthony. Looks like there's more interest in the Z forum.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z06 Street/Road Race from LG Motorsports 570 rwhp package

Quick Reply: C6Z06 Street/Road Race from LG Motorsports 570 rwhp package