Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Delete - Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TPMS Delete - Beware!

Early last summer I read a thread regarding problems with the TPMS system, and possible solutions. White Auto and Media Services (WAMS) chimed in saying they had a solution, (BTW, they are not a forum vendor). You had to remove your BCM and send it to them, they would delete the TPMS and daytime running lights and send it back.
I sent an email and received an automated response saying they only work on weekends and are slow to respond to emails, so I was patient. After hearing from them I contacted a couple of forum members who used them and was told everything was ok, so I sent my BCM.
I received the reprogrammed BCM, installed it and immediately got a “Service TPMS” message on the display, along with a tire/exclamation point warning light. Also getting a “Service Traction Control” message. The tire pressure readout starts out blank, then switches to XXX after a few seconds. Also, the DRL’s were still coming on.
I talked to some of the other guys WAMS had done work for and they said the XXX is normal, but not the other stuff.
Over the last month I have sent emails with no response, the most recent being this weekend.
Looking back at our earlier email exchanges, some of their responses to my questions were very arrogant. If I didn't have so much trouble with TPMS, and other FM's hadn't had good luck with them, I would have never used them.
Just an FYI.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Chris is a friend of mine. He's good guy but he's a one-man operation and this stuff is his side gig. I just sent him an e-mail to get a hold of you.

-Matt
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter70
Chris is a friend of mine. He's good guy but he's a one-man operation and this stuff is his side gig. I just sent him an e-mail to get a hold of you.

-Matt
can you ask him to contact me as well, no complaints, just want to be a new customer.
want to get rid of the TPMS so i can switch off all nannies without any value from my non existing TPMS (race car)

would have been great if car could start default with nannies off

Rune
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Scooter70

-Matt
Thank you so much.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

two things you probably are already aware of. You can turn nannies off by holding down the traction control button for about 5 seconds straight and put the car into true non active handling, non traction control mode and still retain abs. Second, though haven't done it yet, I am told some have removed tpms sensors from the wheels, and built a pvc cannister of schedule 80 pvc, drilled 4 holes about the size of the valve stems, mounted all four in the cannister, sealed it up. and inflated to about 32 psi. Mount the cannister in the car, and you no longer have tpms issues as far as wheels and tires, but don't have to disable anything on the car. Like i said, haven't done it yet, but I have heard that others have and had good success with it. Would love to hear from someone who has tried this. Jerry Stout
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by jstout
two things you probably are already aware of. You can turn nannies off by holding down the traction control button for about 5 seconds straight and put the car into true non active handling, non traction control mode and still retain abs. Second, though haven't done it yet, I am told some have removed tpms sensors from the wheels, and built a pvc cannister of schedule 80 pvc, drilled 4 holes about the size of the valve stems, mounted all four in the cannister, sealed it up. and inflated to about 32 psi. Mount the cannister in the car, and you no longer have tpms issues as far as wheels and tires, but don't have to disable anything on the car. Like i said, haven't done it yet, but I have heard that others have and had good success with it. Would love to hear from someone who has tried this. Jerry Stout
Jerry,
Me and a buddy both put the TPMs in a sealed canister in the back of the car, sealed it up and put 30 pounds of pressure on it. It immediately removed all the computer issues I was having due talking them out of the wheels. Made having 3 sets of wheels for a track car much easier.
the C6 still has Keep Alive Memory issues though if you lose the battery. The car then has to "find" the TPMs again. This can take a couple of hours and is very frustrating. One thing I did not try after the last time was taking the canister out of the car and swinging it around, possibly making the TPMs think the car was moving and make them send a signal.

Just sold the car so it no longer matter

It does work very well however.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jstout
If the system is completely off and it sees something from the TPMS it doesn't like, it will activate itself. I don't like that.
Also, it will not allow you to shut everything off if it detects tire pressures below 25psi. Sometimes I go out at 22psi cold.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

We also get the "Service TPMS" and "Service Traction Control" messages on our ST2 car but we would just clear the messages hold the traction control button for 10 seconds and everything was disabled. We have 2 sets of wheels without sensors and we never had an issue with either of them. I didn't think the messages were a big deal, however we have not tried running the car with traction contol on or in Competition mode. To be fair all we wanted was the TPMS disabled so we could run without traction control so we never wanted our traction control to work.

There is another option out there that I know of but I haven't used them yet, I'll have to wait until we have a BCM reprogrammed by them to report how it compares.

Last edited by 96CollectorSport; 01-11-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks for all the advice, i have done the same, took a GoCart wheel and put 4 tpms sensors inside and inflated to 30 psi

Semi good solution as i can still loose power and main switch is off after every race, and then you have to reprogram every thing again.

if car stalls, i need to hold the button for 5-10 seconds to get all nannies off, race could have started by then

So i sure hope this guy get in contact, i would primary like to get his std. programming, but asked if he could also put my car default with all nannies off and also no need for key.

its a race car, never on the street anymore

Rune
Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

The response I got on 1/11:

Yes a friend of mine alerted me to a thread you posted on corvette forum and I was just about to reply that we have been closed for about six weeks and some things you could try then I finished reading your first post and decided you obviously didn't want any more of our "arrogant" replies so don't worry you won't get any more.

My Reply:

I just did.
Your attitude is horrible. Do you really expect your customers to wait six weeks without a response and not get frustrated? Would that be ok with you on a purchase you made and were having problems with?
That is fine, I expect a full refund of what you were paid.

So far, no refund.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Since he is on here (GTPprix), he should reply & we will follow the rules already in place

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Nothing. No response on here, and no response (or refund) anywhere else; not that this surprises me.
Anyone thinking about doing business with WAMS - White Auto and Media Services, read this thread carefully.

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS Delete - Beware!

Quick Reply: TPMS Delete - Beware!