Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be careful who you choose...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Be careful who you choose...

I've made a rather lengthy post in the southeast section of this forum (forum rules forbid cross-posting), as well as another forum a lot of you guys browse. I'd recommend checking it out, as it's got lots of pictures and some explanations. The reason I'm posting here is because I spend a lot of time in this particular board since I'm building a track only C4, and there's quite a few of you within a couple hours' drive of me.

Just be careful how you choose your tuner is all I'm saying. I've read too much about VA Speed and tunes and motor builds.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:30 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Just spit it out... Va Speed is 5 minutes from my house and I've had them tune multiple C5s of mine. More specifically I've had Ed Hutchings tune them and now that Ed's left them I stick with Ed for my tuning.

A good buddy has a standing mile C4 with the engine built by Va Speed... it's a horror story. That said, I know of a few other forum members with amazing builds that have come out of there. It's really hit or miss for some reason.

I know the owners treat you like a bum unless you've done a blank check build with them. Spending $3-$4k over the years doesn't get you so much as name recognition.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd

I know the owners treat you like a bum unless you've done a blank check build with them. Spending $3-$4k over the years doesn't get you so much as name recognition.
That's unfortunate, honestly. Just because I'm not spending $20k+ on an engine with a company, doesn't mean I don't deserve to get a good product/service. Not everyone has that kind of cash laying around just to throw in a motor or full build.

Get notified of new replies

To Be careful who you choose...

Quick Reply: Be careful who you choose...