Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving on the Edge: The Art and Science of Race Driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:08 AM
hapnermw
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Driving on the Edge: The Art and Science of Race Driving

One of the best books on driving techniques I've seen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/190...00_i00_details
Old 01-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by hapnermw
One of the best books on driving techniques I've seen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/190...00_i00_details
What did you like about it??
Old 01-08-2012, 03:06 AM
hapnermw
Racer

Originally Posted by Bink
What did you like about it??
The author uses data logs to illustrate why conventional strategies like taking the line that maximizes exit speed on long corners is not the fastest.

He also discusses trail braking technique in depth and, again with data logs, illustrates why effective trail braking in slow and moderate speed corners is the place to gain a lot of time.

I've read a number of driving books but this was the first one I've come across that got directly to the point with highly practical advice backed up with data analysis.

There is more practical information in this book for both beginners and advanced drivers than the complete stack of books I've bought in the past.

I would high recommend this to those doing driving instruction. It will be the best $20 you have ever spent.

Last edited by hapnermw; 01-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by hapnermw
The author uses data logs to illustrate why conventional strategies like taking the line that maximizes exit speed on long corners is not the fastest.

He also discusses trailing braking technique in depth and, again with data logs, illustrates why effective trail braking in slow and moderate speed corners is the place to gain a lot of time.

I've read a number of driving books but this was the first one I've come across that got directly to the point with highly practical advice backed up with data analysis.

There is more practical information in this book for both beginners and advanced drivers than the complete stack of books I've bought in the past.

I would high recommend this to those doing driving instruction. It will be the best $20 you have ever spent.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Driving on the Edge: The Art and Science of Race Driving

Quick Reply: Driving on the Edge: The Art and Science of Race Driving