Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: ACP World Challenge Hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM
ccw
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FS: ACP World Challenge Hood

I'm selling the ACP World Challenge Hood off my C6 Z06.

Specs:

Lightweight fiberglass
Fresh black paint by Detroit Auto Body
Custom clear bra on entire surface of hood (including vents)

The hood is in perfect condition, and the paint is mint. I have over $2,500 invested in this hood.

Will sell for $1,495.

Located in Southern California.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Is it the three louver style, or center louvre only? Jerry
Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 AM
ccw
Racer

The ACP one has been wind-tunnel tested and is the 3 louver version.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
meatbag
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Street or race version?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
ccw
Racer

It can be used for either street or race. Kerry doesn't categorize his products in that fashion. It's strong enough for the street, but has been wind-tunnel tested for maximum down force at the track and aids greatly with extracting heat at the same time.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
meatbag
Advanced

Originally Posted by ccw
It can be used for either street or race. Kerry doesn't categorize his products in that fashion. It's strong enough for the street, but has been wind-tunnel tested for maximum down force at the track and aids greatly with extracting heat at the same time.
Street version has more reinforcement on the backside the race version does not and is lighter.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
ccw
Racer

Originally Posted by meatbag
Street version has more reinforcement on the backside the race version does not and is lighter.
Interesting. How can we tell by looking at the hood which one it is? Also, does anyone happen to have the weight specs?

Btw, a little off topic... But has anyone been able to get a hold of Kerry on the phone within the past couple of months? I mean, has anyone actually had a conversation with the guy recently?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

....if only it was already yellow.... ;(
Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ccw
Interesting. How can we tell by looking at the hood which one it is?
The race version has to be mounted on four pins as there are no mounting points for the stock hinge hardware. Race version is lighter but a pain to remove/replace as you have to lift it off.

BTW the functionality of the hood is .

Dean
Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Waiting for a response to negotiate.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:57 AM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Is this still for sale
Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
ccw
Racer

Sorry but for various reasons I decided not to sell the hood at this time. The biggest problem was the carbon replacement I was going to buy is not available from the individual I was going to purchase from. Thanks for everyone's interest though. If I come up with a suitable replacement in the future I'll put this back up for sale. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ccw
Interesting. How can we tell by looking at the hood which one it is? Also, does anyone happen to have the weight specs?

Btw, a little off topic... But has anyone been able to get a hold of Kerry on the phone within the past couple of months? I mean, has anyone actually had a conversation with the guy recently?
Yes, spoike witgh him a couple of weeks ago.
Are you having a problem getting in touch with him?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 AM
0Kerry Hitt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by db2xpert
Yes, spoike witgh him a couple of weeks ago.
Are you having a problem getting in touch with him?
I apologize for being hard to get in touch with.

Last year my wife was faced with a potential life threatening condition. Our prayers were answered and a major surgery corrected the condition. I must say that the ordeal made me take a close look at my priorities. I have been spending much more time with her during her recovery and I am pleased to say she is doing very well. I am thankful and consider myself lucky to have had things turn out as well as they have.

I am also lucky to have Travis, Chris, Winnie and the rest of the crew at ACP who have stepped up and carried the ball for me during the times I was out of the office.

In getting back to answering your questions about the ACP World Challenge hood. The weight of the C6 pin on Carbon fiber hood is about 12 pounds. The carbon fiber bolt on hood that is a direct bolt on replacement for the stock hood is between 14 and 15 pounds.

I know this was not part of your question however I have had several inquiries concerning "clear carbon" hoods. I do want to point out that our carbon fiber hoods are built for performance (light weight) not bling. ACP does not offer a totally clear carbon hood. We only ever shipped one that was clear carbon. We discovered that it was too expensive to build and maintain our weight and quality standards. After the 5th hood, we made the decision to not build any more. If anyone wants "the rest of the story” you can contact Jason at K-tech. After much arm twisting I gave the 5th hood to him. The rest of the hoods ended up in the dumpster.

The fiberglass hoods are about the same weight as a stock hood which is in the 28 pound range.

Either hood will perform exactly the same aerodynamically, which is to give additional down force and cooling to your Corvette.

The carbon fiber hoods are special order and there is between 2 and 4 weeks to build and ship one. The fiberglass hoods are in stock and for the most part will be able to be shipped right away.

I want to thank all of our customers on the forum (both present and future) for the support shown and loyalty given to ACP.

I hope this will answer your questions and explain what seemed to be my disappearance. I will say that I have no plans to go anywhere and in order to be more accessible to anyone on the forum who would have technical questions I am posting my cell # it is 717-574-3596. I would only ask that you call me between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM in the Eastern Time zone.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:21 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear everything went well Kerry. One of you biggest fans on the Corvette side and also knowing you personally an even bigger supporter.

Top shelf products & knowledge!

Glad you made yourself more accessible but as you said some things are more important than career and money.

Post a separate thread with your number so when someone searches it will pop up.

After driving my car with you body parts nearly ten years ago I could not believe how it was nailed to the road. If I drove a regular car with no aero I would probably feel unsafe. Your parts are worth major HP gains with no reliability issues.

Last edited by John Shiels; 01-28-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 PM
ccw
Racer

HOOD IS BACK FOR SALE. Sorry for the confusion.

If you're interested in the hood send me a PM and leave a # for me to reach you at.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Originally Posted by ccw
HOOD IS BACK FOR SALE. Sorry for the confusion.

If you're interested in the hood send me a PM and leave a # for me to reach you at.
I know someone expressed an interest before me please let me know. I would think that would only be fair. Thanks, steve pm sent

Last edited by CodeBlack; 01-31-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: ACP World Challenge Hood

Old 02-01-2012, 04:03 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

No thanks...decided I will go with a new radiator instead.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 AM
ccw
Racer

Is there anyone in the Southern California area that is interested in this hood? I would really prefer not to ship if I can sell this locally.

I can also offer FREE installation to make this transaction as hassle free as possible for you. Anyone in the Southern CA area? If not, I can definitely ship it. Please send PM for pics and more details.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
ccw
Racer

Here's a pic of the hood:

Quick Reply: FS: ACP World Challenge Hood