Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beretta leaves Team Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Default Beretta leaves Team Corvette

Beretta parts company with Corvette
January 04 2012
Olivier Beretta has parted company with Corvette Racing after an very successful eight-year stint with the team.

Ex-Formula 1 driver Beretta, 42, confirmed the departure on the announcement of his participation in this month's Rolex 24 at Daytona with the Risi Competizione Ferrari team. The Monegasque driver was one of six drivers announced for Risi's two Ferrari 458 Italias entered in the Florida enduro on Jan. 28-29.

"I left Corvette Racing in November, and when I was offered the chance to drive a Ferrari at Daytona with Risi, I didn't have to think about it for one second," Beretta said. "When I was a kid my uncle had a Ferrari Daytona [365 GTB/4]. It was riding in this car that gave me my first feeling of speed, and don't forget I am half Italian."

"I have started a new chapter in my career," was Beretta's only comment on his plans for the remainder of 2012. He would not comment on whether his deal for Daytona is with Risi or whether he has signed a Ferrari contract.

Beretta joined Chevrolet's factory Corvette Racing squad in 2004 and went on to claim three American Le Mans Series titles in 2005-07 at the wheel of its GT1 class Corvette C6.R. He also claimed four class victories with the Pratt & Miller-run team at the Le Mans 24 Hours, including a GTE Pro success in 2011.

Beretta joins a roster of Ferrari-contracted in the two 458s, which are entered under the Risi Competizione with American Canadian Racing banner. Former Indy Lights champion Raphael Matos, who is expected to be part of Risi's full-time line-up in 2012, joins the likes of Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella and Toni Vilander.

The vacant full-time seat at Corvette Racing for the American Le Mans Series will be taken by Antonio Garcia, who has been a third driver for the team in the long-distance races for the past three years.

http://www.racer.com/beretta-parts-c...rticle/221686/
Old 01-04-2012, 05:43 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love Corvetttes, but given an oppertunity to race a Ferrari. I would do it, also.

Bring Johnny O back.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

will be interesting to see if any more changes before season starts
Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

He did a lot to help Corvette Racing become the force that they were in the GT1 days. He'll be missed.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dvandentop
will be interesting to see if any more changes before season starts
They still have to announce a part time driver for the #3 car and confirm the rumors on the other drivers. Right now it looks like Tommy & Antonio & ?? in the #3 and Ollie, Jan & Westbrook in the #4
Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Antonio Garcia will compete full-time for Corvette in this year's American Le Mans Series.

The 31-year-old Spaniard has raced for the marque sporadically in recent years, contesting long-distance ALMS races and three Le Mans 24 Hours, twice winning the GT class in the latter.

Now he will step-up to race for the team on a full-time basis, replacing Monegasque Olivier Beretta, who has ended his affiliation with the American manufacturer. It is yet to be confirmed who he will be paired with, though Tommy Milner, Beretta’s 2011 team-mate, appears most likely.

Garcia, who will dovetail his ALMS programme with a seat at Grand-Am squad Starworks, is a former World Series by Renault champion and remains close friends with countryman and former rival Fernando Alonso.

http://www.motorstv.com/car/enduranc...ette-alms-ride
Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ferrari Beretta is getting in to looks frickin' awesome!

Get notified of new replies

To Beretta leaves Team Corvette

Quick Reply: Beretta leaves Team Corvette