Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have info for BSE (Buffalo Speed Engineering) ramps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Bob86ZZ4
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anybody have info for BSE (Buffalo Speed Engineering) ramps?

I'm trying to figure out how I can buy a set. There is no phone number on their web site. I filled out the "contact me" page a couple weeks ago, and then a week ago, nothing. The home page on their site says they were sold and moved to Arkansas but still in business. Just hoping maybe somebody else might have an idea how to get ahold of them? Or, maybe somebody else has a similar product? I'm looking at their Pro Dragster ramps. My son's C5 is extremely low and it's a big hassle to get it into our trailer now, lots of blocks of wood and board moving to get it up high enough. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the link for anyone wondering what my Dad is talking about for the kind of ramps we are looking for:

http://buffaloespeed.com/

And the exact ramp we want from them:

http://buffaloespeed.com/Pro_Dragster_Ramps.html

My C5's splitter is removable but its easier if we dont have to so we want a super long ramp to get it in the trailer. The splitter sits 3" above the ground and about 5" out from the front bumper. Also the car is on drop spindles and moton's...so yeah it sits pretty low and getting it in the trailer is a pain using wood blocks that we have been using.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:21 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Race Ramps alternative

Here are some drawings of custom Race Ramps trailer ramps that may meet your requirements.

The first drawing is the standard incline section from our RLL-89-2 Progressive Incline ramps along with a trailer ramp adapter. The initial incline is 4˚ and it gradually increases to 8˚. The incline section is 65" long and with the trailer ramp adapter the overall length is 70". the ramp is 14" wide and 6.7" high. This ramp is 3.8" high at the 40" mark. A pair of incline sections with a pair of adapters with either a 2" or 3" step is $345 shipped anywhere in the USA (48 States). More details on this ramp are available at this link:

http://www.reverselogic.us/ReverseLo...ace_Ramps.html

The second drawing is an incline section which is 10" longer, but the same 6.7" height and 14" width. Both this incline section and the one above are available with an 8" high platform for use as a service ramp. This ramp is 3.25" high at the 40" mark. This is a special order ramp.

The third drawing is for a custom two-piece ramp that is 168" long by 16" wide by 9.5" high. This ramp can handle cars with about 2" of ground clearance. Each section of the ramp has a strap for hanging the ramp on a garage wall or trailer door. This ramp is for very low cars and is only about 2.5" high at the 60" mark. The step on the high end of this ramp would have to be specified to fit your trailer.
This ramp ships via LTL. I would need your zip code for a delivered price.

If you are interested in any of these Race Ramps trailer ramps, contact me via e-mail or via PM to provide exact measurements for your car. I can provide a graph of the path of your car against the shape of the ramps.
Attached Images   
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
RLL-TR-168-2.pdf (99.1 KB, 140 views)
Old 12-26-2011, 07:34 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default Progressive Incline versus Constant Slope Ramps

I forgot to point out that all three of the ramps described in the previous post have curved top surfaces. With a constant slope ramp, clearance between the car and the ramp increases as you drive up the ramp. With the progressive incline ramps, the ramp "hugs" the car resulting in a faster rate of ascent. A more or less constant amount of clearance between the car and the ramps is maintained as the car climbs the ramps.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Bob86ZZ4
Drifting

Thanks Fred! I sent a pm or email, can't remember which. Anyhow, these look like a good setup and I'm glad you're a supporting vendor for Corvetteforum. Will most likely be getting something from you for our trailer. Anybody else have any ramps from Reverse Logic that can post how they like them?
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4
Thanks Fred! I sent a pm or email, can't remember which. Anyhow, these look like a good setup and I'm glad you're a supporting vendor for Corvetteforum. Will most likely be getting something from you for our trailer. Anybody else have any ramps from Reverse Logic that can post how they like them?
I have the Race Ramps I got from Fred last spring. They work great. They are light and easy to handle.

I have a splitter on my car and it concerned me getting it on and off the trailer. The ramps give me enough slope to avoid it dragging. Another friend with even a bigger splitter uses the ramps and his clears, too.

I'm very pleased with them. The lightness is impressive.

Here's a picture of the clearance of the splitter on the ramps.

Last edited by Falcon; 12-26-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info!

Here's a picture of my car to kind of show how big the splitter is and how low it sits:

I will have the builder measure the distance from the front wheel to the front of the splitter.

Also a few questions about the ramps:
1) Is there a notch on the front of them or anything to lower the trailer door into so that it sits flush as the car goes up the ramp? Is there any pictures/videos of cars going up the ramp onto the trailer door?

2) Do most people just lay the ramps on the rear angled section of the trailer (dovetail) behind the rear of the car and infront of the closed trailer door while in transport? Is there an easy way to hang/secure the ramp inside the trailer?

Thanks for your help. -Eric
Old 12-27-2011, 07:52 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

From the attached ramp comparison drawings you can see that the standard Race Ramps trailer ramps have either a 2", 2.5", or 3" step to accommodate the trailer door. The Reverse Logic trailer ramps with adapters are available with either a 2" or 3" step.

Storing the ramps on your trailer will be determined by the way your trailer is equipped. I have seen the ramps strapped to the inside walls, the door, or a shelf in the front of the trailer. And of course some people simply slide the ramps under the car in the rear. The standard Race Ramps trailer ramps have straps allowing them to be hung. But you would still have to tie them down securely so that they don't swing around in transit.
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Git Er Dun
Also a few questions about the ramps:
1) Is there a notch on the front of them or anything to lower the trailer door into so that it sits flush as the car goes up the ramp? Is there any pictures/videos of cars going up the ramp onto the trailer door?

2) Do most people just lay the ramps on the rear angled section of the trailer (dovetail) behind the rear of the car and infront of the closed trailer door while in transport? Is there an easy way to hang/secure the ramp inside the trailer?

Thanks for your help. -Eric
Yes, there's a notch for the rear trailer door to fit into.

Here's a picture of how mine are stowed in the trailer when not in use. I just hang them on .99 cent hangers. I'm guessing the ramps only weigh about ~5#'s or so each.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Bob86ZZ4
Drifting

Thanks Falcon, nice pics (and car). You guys, Fred has been working on this with me through e-mail. So far I give him 2 thumbs up. Very prompt and he knows his ramp stuff. I'm confident we're going to end up with some nice ramps.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Bob86ZZ4
Drifting

Got the ramps delivered today. They look great. We went with the RLL-99-2 service ramps, and trailer ramp adapaters. The ramps are 75" long and the end of the trailer ramp/door lies on an adapter at the end of that 75" long section. I'll take them to my storage place in the next couple days and set them up and take some pictures to show here. I don't think we'll be getting the car from the builder until maybe next week tho. I like that we got the full service ramps too so we can drive the car up onto them on the flat and take the ramp off and get under there to mess with stuff if/when needed. Great service from Fred!! Wow, that guy must have his computer hanging on his side because every time I sent him a message he replied before I could even make a sandwich. Great service, great product, great price!

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody have info for BSE (Buffalo Speed Engineering) ramps?

Quick Reply: Anybody have info for BSE (Buffalo Speed Engineering) ramps?