Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMSOIL Products for Track Day Vette - Wholesale Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default AMSOIL Products for Track Day Vette - Wholesale Pricing

Track Vette Drivers,
If you are interested in trying AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants for your track or tow vehicles, I'd like to ensure you get your fluids at dealer wholesale, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program. Please drop me a PM or email at c66racing@hotmail.com for more info on this program - I'll answer your questions every evening when I get home from my other full time employment.

Track Day/Racing Oils:
AMSOIL makes several grades of high quality synthetic basestock lubricants that meet the various needs of track day or racing Vettes, including track only, dual use (track/street) and with or without oil coolers. All of these contain high levels of ZDDP, or Zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate.
Note: None of these meet GM Standard 4718M or dexos1.

30 Grade
AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic 10w30 Racing Motor Oil
(Product Code RD30QT)
(zinc – 1575 ppm, phosphorus 1474 ppm)
(No detergents)
(This is the oil I use in my SCCA T1 02 Z06)
AMSOIL Z-ROD 10w30 Synthetic Motor Oil (Product Code ZRTQT)
(zinc – 1440 ppm, phosphorus 1320 ppm)
(A good dual use track/street oil with high levels of ZDDP and enough detergents and dispersants for about 3-5k (or one year) oil change intervals)

40 Grade
AMSOIL SAE Synthetic Premium Protection 10w40
(Product Code AMOQT)
(zinc – 1378 ppm, phosphorus 1265 ppm)
(High levels of detergents/dispersants suitable for extended street use)

50 Grade
AMSOIL Dominator Synthetic 15w50 Racing Motor Oil
(Product Code RD50QT)
(zinc – 1575 ppm, phosphorus 1474 ppm)
(No detergents)
AMSOIL Z-ROD 20w50 Synthetic Motor Oil (Product Code ZRFQT)
(zinc – 1440 ppm, phosphorus 1320 ppm)
(A good dual use track/street oil with high levels of ZDDP and enough detergents and dispersants for about 3-5k (or one year) oil change intervals)
AMSOIL SAE Synthetic Premium Protection 20w50
(Product Code AROQT)
(zinc – 1379 ppm, phosphorus 1266 ppm)
(High levels of detergents/dispersants suitable for extended street use)

They also carry a full line of high quality synthetic basestock transmission and gear lube fluids.
C4 manual transmissions (89 and later): AMSOIL Synthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (MTF) (Product Code MTFQT)
(Pre-89 PM me for info - several fluids available depending on your transmission)
C5/C6 manual transmissions (Dexron III):
AMSOIL Torque-Drive Synthetic Transmission Fluid (Product Code ATD1G)
(This is the fluid I use)
C5/C6 (05s) automatic transmissions (Dexron III)
AMSOIL Multi-Vehcile ATF (Product Code ATFQT)
C6 automatic transmissions (06 and later) (Dexron VI)
AMSOIL Low Viscosity Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATL) (Product Code ATLQT)

C4-C6 Gear Lube:
AMSOIL Severe Gear Extreme Pressure Synthetic 75w90 (Product Code SVGQT)
(I use this fluid)
Note: The Severe Gear fluid comes with friction modifier already in it and most C4 and C5 differentials do not need extra additive to prevent diff chatter. C6 diff clutch plates behave differently than earlier Vettes and for C6 diffs I recommend one bottle of the Slip Lock Additive.
AMSOIL Slip-Lock Differential Additive (Product Code ADATB)
AMSOIL Hand Pump (Product Code G2039)
(Works with any off the transmission or gear lube bottles listed above - I use two, one for gear lube and one for tranny fluid)

Brake/Clutch Fluid
AMSOIL Series 600 DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid (Product Code BF4SN)
Dry Boiling Point - 580F, Wet Boiling Point - 410F
Note: Owner's Manual Requires DOT 3 Brake Fluid

Power Steering Fluid
AMSOIL Synthetic Power Steering Fluid (Product Code PSFCN)

Info on the multitude of products available for your tow and support vehicles, including CI-4+ diesel oils for pre-07 diesels as well as CJ-4 diesel oils for 07 and later diesels, can be found via this link:
AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide

Orders placed direct with AMSOIL using reference 1206638 will benefit my race team and the forum: AMSOIL Ordering Information

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 12-22-2011, 06:27 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you still recommend the signature series oils?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by stevensa
Do you still recommend the signature series oils?
The AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code ASLQT) is AMSOIL's best API SN spec'd oil which is subject to the API SN limit of 800 ppm phosphorus. For a straight street car, I'd recommend the Sig Series (and used it in my 06 CTS-V which was my daily driver).

For the track, it is such a hard call. The best oil to use for the track (high ZDDP) is not allowed by the owner's manual which requires an oil meeting either GM4718M or dexos1 (depending on the year) and API's current specs. Use the best choice for the track and you run against the owner's manual recommendation. Use the owner's manual recommendation and you get an oil that doesn't provide the best protection at the track. No good choice.

For those whose cars are under warranty and want to use an oil meeting GM's recommendation, I would use the Sig Series, recognizing that for a track oil, any API SN spec oil really isn't providing the best protection.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:08 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Subdriver
The AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code ASLQT) is AMSOIL's best API SN spec'd oil which is subject to the API SN limit of 800 ppm phosphorus. For a straight street car, I'd recommend the Sig Series (and used it in my 06 CTS-V which was my daily driver).

For the track, it is such a hard call. The best oil to use for the track (high ZDDP) is not allowed by the owner's manual which requires an oil meeting either GM4718M or dexos1 (depending on the year) and API's current specs. Use the best choice for the track and you run against the owner's manual recommendation. Use the owner's manual recommendation and you get an oil that doesn't provide the best protection at the track. No good choice.

For those whose cars are under warranty and want to use an oil meeting GM's recommendation, I would use the Sig Series, recognizing that for a track oil, any API SN spec oil really isn't providing the best protection.
Hmm, now it looks like I have some thinking to do. I have been using the Signature Series oil without any issue in my 02z but it is a 95% track use only car. Plus I work a rotational job so it sits for up to 5 weeks at a time so I really wanted an oil with some detergents in it. Its looking like the z-rod may be the answer.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by stevensa
Hmm, now it looks like I have some thinking to do. I have been using the Signature Series oil without any issue in my 02z but it is a 95% track use only car. Plus I work a rotational job so it sits for up to 5 weeks at a time so I really wanted an oil with some detergents in it. Its looking like the z-rod may be the answer.
For an 02 Z06 out of warranty, 95% track use, and lots of idle time - I'd go with the ZROD. I didn't mention above, but if you check out the link to the ZROD, it has rust inhibitors similar to marine engine oils - good for a car that sits idle for much of the year. Bonus is that it is a little less costly than the Sig Series.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the plain old Amsoil XL 10w40. Bein a 2001 it eats about a quart per day on track. Engine has over 122,000 miles and has been a race car for 1.5 years now.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by travisnd
I like the plain old Amsoil XL 10w40. Bein a 2001 it eats about a quart per day on track. Engine has over 122,000 miles and has been a race car for 1.5 years now.
That's not a bad choice and more cost effective than the Premium Performance 10w40 I list above, which does have a better basestock and a very slightly higher High Temp High Shear rating (4.3 vs. 4.2) - but both are very good. Going the XL route you save paying for the detergents that come with the Premium Performance that you really don't need in a track day oil. I've been trying to get AMSOIL to release a 40 grade version of both the racing Dominator and the new ZROD. No joy so far.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Can you PM me the wholesale shipped price to 22030 for a case of 12 bottles of the Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50)? Thanks, Mike
Old 12-26-2011, 10:49 AM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Can you PM me the wholesale shipped price to 22030 for a case of 12 bottles of the Dominator® Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50)? Thanks, Mike
Done, thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To AMSOIL Products for Track Day Vette - Wholesale Pricing

Quick Reply: AMSOIL Products for Track Day Vette - Wholesale Pricing