Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limerock sound level

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:30 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Default Limerock sound level

I understand there are sound limitations at Limerock and I am looking for some input.

Will an otherwise stock C6z, with a B&B fusion cat back meet the sound restrictions? I am told of a guy that had a problem with a stock ZR1 exhaust, but it was second hand.

I'm considering just putting the stock exhaust back on so I can run there. I doubt I gained and power with the B&B, but I do like the sound.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 AM
JSTAN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 GTOs
I understand there are sound limitations at Limerock and I am looking for some input.

Will an otherwise stock C6z, with a B&B fusion cat back meet the sound restrictions? I am told of a guy that had a problem with a stock ZR1 exhaust, but it was second hand.

I'm considering just putting the stock exhaust back on so I can run there. I doubt I gained and power with the B&B, but I do like the sound.
The sound limitation at LRP is 86db I believe.

I have seen videos of guys on youtube running bone stock Z06's, not sure if those mufflers will pass though.

Your best bet would to put the stock muffers back on for the day or attend an event on an "Unmuffled" day.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I've never had a problem with the stock z06 mufflers. When I bought my z06 it had a B&B bullet setup on it and there was no way that would have passed. If the fusion is as loud as the bullet when open you probably won't pass if you are on the throttle. The sound check is usually at the start finish line so you could lift and quiet it down, but sometimes they move the sound check around to keep everyone honest. Also the sound limit varies depending on the group running, 82-86 or 84-86 I forget. BMW club usually is on the quiet side, the PCA group usually needs and gets the looser limit. Weather effects it too if you are on the edge.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Been to LRP a dozen times. No one with stock equipment ever even came close to exceeding the sound restriction. Several w/ aftermarket setups I would have sworn they would exceed the max, didn't (86db w/ SCDA). Absolutely leave the B+B on. If you are flagged, ask them where the measurement is being done and lift. With the right group, that will get you by for the day. BMW group does have a massive stick stuck in the **** so don't try it w/ them.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Thanks guys. Most of my driving is 1-2 hours of highway driving. Yesterday I had one of these trips and the B&B fusion just got on my nerves. No drone, but at 65-75 I could always hear it. I love the sound around town though. I am going to put the stock exhaust back on, and see how much I miss the B&B then maybe sell it.

I guess I'm just getting old.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Lan.Jet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would put the stock back on. I have a C5 with LG headers and the rest is stock exhaust. And depending on the weather I have been flagged. It's not worth the hassle.

Last edited by Lan.Jet; 12-25-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:25 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

FYI they have unmuffled days there.

SCDA1 had them last year.

Get notified of new replies

To Limerock sound level

Quick Reply: Limerock sound level