Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What about MTI, Hotchkis,Eibach,Johnny O Anti sways

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
TrueBlueCoupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What about MTI, Hotchkis,Eibach,Johnny O Anti sways

I have done plenty of searches and have seen feedback on the LG and PFADT racing type bars. Anyone have some feedback they could provide on any of the bars mentioned in the title. I have a 04 with the Z51 which I would like to improve the handling and I wanted to start with the sways. I have decided that I am not giong to go all the way on the expensive PFADT bars, and am looking for improvement for 50%street, 50% track. I have read tons of comments on the different C6 bars and T1 bars, looking for something different.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueBlueCoupe
I have done plenty of searches and have seen feedback on the LG and PFADT racing type bars. Anyone have some feedback they could provide on any of the bars mentioned in the title. I have a 04 with the Z51 which I would like to improve the handling and I wanted to start with the sways. I have decided that I am not giong to go all the way on the expensive PFADT bars, and am looking for improvement for 50%street, 50% track. I have read tons of comments on the different C6 bars and T1 bars, looking for something different.

Thanks
Not familiar with MTI but the other I believe are not as big as the Pfadt JO offering. This is why I ultimately purchased the JO bars. Everyone agrees that with the stock C5Z leafs, the T1 bars are a good match. Some use a lighter rear bar with the T1's. This tells you that you want a big bar if you keeping the stock leafs and street shocks (no coilovers). The JO bars are about as big as you can get without paying the T1 price.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Our Johnny O'Connell sway bars were setup to work really well with our Johnny O'Connell shocks, but that being said we have plenty of folks who are running just the bars.

Take a look at this sway bar comparison chart and you can see where the bars stand against all of the other OE bar offerings. One thing to notice is we dial in more front bar stiffness than any of the OE packages do, that's because we want to give customers great initial turn in, as well as overall handling aimed more towards neutral than oversteer. The rear bar is adjustable which is a big tuning tool depending on your tire setup. Overall the rates are similar to our Heavy Duty - Light Rate bar package, but due to their bent bar design they are heavier than our Light Rates.

Keep in mind that our Johnny O'Connell sway bar packages also include endlinks and sway bar bushings. They are a great way to not only improve the handling of your Corvette, but replace maintenance items at the same time.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
TrueBlueCoupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting the chart and for the feedback. For now I plan on keeping the stock shocks, and the Johnny O' bars are one of the possibilities. I was talking with MTI today and they do not make the Big Red bars anymore and had lots of good things to say about your bars.

Get notified of new replies

To What about MTI, Hotchkis,Eibach,Johnny O Anti sways

Quick Reply: What about MTI, Hotchkis,Eibach,Johnny O Anti sways