Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another interesting day at the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another interesting day at the track

fixed the $2000 in damage i did thrashing the car for dave last week, busted another left front wheel bearing ring with the studs broke off like they do...and ripped the bushings out of the torque tube. but i went out to try out what buckeye zo6 showed me .....wow what a difference!!!! id tell you what he showed me but..i think im going to keep those little secrets to myself incase one of you guys come to see me some day...was noticing a sranger milling around my pit he was listening to me help all the drivers asking me for help...he finally came up to me and said somthing to me with a strong accent.. i said your not from around here are you he said no he was from austrailia!!! he was here on buisness and stoped at nelsons to see an american road course...after a brief chat about the track i asked him if he wanted a tour of the track..so i buckeled him in and took him out...after wee got up to speed he screamed "FCN BUMPY" i laughed and yelled back "THATS NELSONS" we went on for a few laps and pitted..he said "ive never been in a corvette before there FCN AMASING!!!. i asked him if he knew anything about driving and he said yes.. he had a rx7...i asked if he ever drove on a track days he said "yeh ae im an austrailian national champion.. i said wow really he gave me his name and told me to gogle him...we had a blast the rest of the day talking shop and speed....us and them...he complimented me on my driving and drove off (on the wrong side of the road) hope he made it back safe!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Track rats are a small world.

Quick Reply: another interesting day at the track