Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Good Video of Spring Mountain 2.2 mile track from C6Z ASAP !! Optima OUSCI

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Need Good Video of Spring Mountain 2.2 mile track from C6Z ASAP !! Optima OUSCI

Hey all !!! This has been under wraps per say as I haven't advertised this yet, but I am going to be competing in the Optima (batteries) Ultimate Street Car Invitational @ Spring Mountain the Saturday after the SEMA show. I will be competing in Todd Rumpke's Nuclear Banana C6Z which makes 580-ish rwhp and during this event we are required to run on real 200 treadwear of higher tires.

I have NEVER been to Spring Mountain as it is on the other side of the globe from where I am at. If anyone here has good in-car video of their C6 Z06 ( preferably with stock gearing) , I would love to see this for review and to get a plan of how to run this track. The event will use this configuration and we only get 1 practice and 3 timed laps for this segment of the competition so the learning curve will have to be digital. Due to my extensive autocross back ground, I pick up new courses pretty quick, but any good videos of people "using up" their C6z's on this track configuration will be a great help !!!

I have done a brief youtube search and did not turn up alot of quality video.....I want to see someone haulin' *** in one of these cars

I want to do well at this event for the community, and the sponsors as this event ends up airing on Speed tape delayed. I plan on swinging it around like I mean it.....

Please help if you can....otherwise I am just going to "wing it" (video will help !! )

Thanks,
Danny
Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,725 Likes on 932 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Go get 'em Danny!! Either way (video or not) Im sure you will be very impressive. When does the tapping air?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Danny!

What tires are you planning on running?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
Good luck Danny!

What tires are you planning on running?
Michelin PS2's........ HUGE x LARGE
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Jaymz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't the nuclear banana name going to be retired and white lightning the new name?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jaymz
Isn't the nuclear banana name going to be retired and white lightning the new name?
Potential winner to the new RAFT Rocket name game....thanks !!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
jtmck
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Hey all !!! This has been under wraps per say as I haven't advertised this yet, but I am going to be competing in the Optima (batteries) Ultimate Street Car Invitational @ Spring Mountain the Saturday after the SEMA show. I will be competing in Todd Rumpke's Nuclear Banana C6Z which makes 580-ish rwhp and during this event we are required to run on real 200 treadwear of higher tires.

I have NEVER been to Spring Mountain as it is on the other side of the globe from where I am at. If anyone here has good in-car video of their C6 Z06 ( preferably with stock gearing) , I would love to see this for review and to get a plan of how to run this track. The event will use this configuration and we only get 1 practice and 3 timed laps for this segment of the competition so the learning curve will have to be digital. Due to my extensive autocross back ground, I pick up new courses pretty quick, but any good videos of people "using up" their C6z's on this track configuration will be a great help !!!

I have done a brief youtube search and did not turn up alot of quality video.....I want to see someone haulin' *** in one of these cars

I want to do well at this event for the community, and the sponsors as this event ends up airing on Speed tape delayed. I plan on swinging it around like I mean it.....

Please help if you can....otherwise I am just going to "wing it" (video will help !! )

Thanks,
Danny
NO NO my good man.

You need to do it like I did.

Fall off the track on the 3rd turn of the practice lap!!!

Dead in the water. No practice.

First time you see corners 4 thru 10 is on the warm up lap.

The first time you see corner one, , at speed, is on the clock.

Now we will see how good your autocross training is....

No pressure, right....

Your old buddy, Jim
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
az55
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Danny, talk to Donna at Spring Mountain. She may be able to ask one of the "members" if they have a vid. (unless they are competing against you!) I met some of the Porsche guys when I took a private coaching session there my rookie year and they all had good video set-ups. It's worth a phone call.
Cheers,
CV Wells
NASA-AZ
#24 Corvette.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jtmck
NO NO my good man.

You need to do it like I did.

Fall off the track on the 3rd turn of the practice lap!!!

Dead in the water. No practice.

First time you see corners 4 thru 10 is on the warm up lap.

The first time you see corner one, , at speed, is on the clock.

Now we will see how good your autocross training is....

No pressure, right....

Your old buddy, Jim
Thanks Jim !! I am pretty good at winging it , but getting some video of someone using up a C6Z would be good.

There is going to be some pretty good competition out there this year, hopefully we can do as well as everyone is expecting us to do....

Need to hurry and get the car back together so that we can run the 10/10ths event this weekend..

Things haven't been easy down here lately for a myraid of reasons..
Old 10-18-2011, 02:29 PM
B y r o n
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not exactly what you want but it's the closest I have. It will let you see the turns and such shot from the front windshield of my GS.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Good Video of Spring Mountain 2.2 mile track from C6Z ASAP !! Optima OUSCI

Quick Reply: Need Good Video of Spring Mountain 2.2 mile track from C6Z ASAP !! Optima OUSCI