Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What suspension on a c6 z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 AM
MP3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What suspension on a c6 z06

Which suspension setup should I go with for my c6 Z06? I've been looking at the Pfadt double adjustable featherlite coilovers. Is anyone using them? If so how do you like them? Also, which other brands should I look into? I plan on making a purchase here within the next week or so. Car is in the process of being converted to a designated track car.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much coin you got? As far as coil overs here would be my choice if money were no option.

1) Penske 3 way dual springs
2) Moton 3 way dual springs

If money is a factor, I think the next highest quality coil over is the non adjustable LG Bilstein (their original version). LG used them on his WC for years and won races and championships with them. I am on a budget and picked the LG's and never looked back. Also, I would probably just F up the handling by making adjustments, I just wanted a proven product that I didn't have to touch after installation. Several TT wins later, I am a happy camper.

I actually did a complete package (LG coil overs, T1 bars, and their quiet end links). I also must say I am VERY happy with the quiet endlinks, I had the standard T1 on my C5 and creaking and cracking drove me insane.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MP3
Which suspension setup should I go with for my c6 Z06? I've been looking at the Pfadt double adjustable featherlite coilovers. Is anyone using them? If so how do you like them? Also, which other brands should I look into? I plan on making a purchase here within the next week or so. Car is in the process of being converted to a designated track car.
Hey MP3. There are a few folks on CorvetteForum who are running our FeatherLight Doubles, one of the most active being McBen Motorsports in ST1. For a first year team in ST1 they're flying. Be sure to ask them what they think about their FeatherLight Doubles.

Our support for a race team after the sale is what really sets us apart from our competition. If you are having tuning issues with your doubles please contact us and we can help you iron out what's going on with the car. The biggest goal for our FeatherLight Doubles is putting on you on the podium, and we are committed to making that happen. We feel the FeatherLight Doubles are absolutely the best solution on the market for your race dedicated Corvette.

If you have any questions please call or email us. We can be reached at into@pfadtracing.com or 1-888-972-2464.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:54 PM
vette6aut0x
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Hey MP3. There are a few folks on CorvetteForum who are running our FeatherLight Doubles, one of the most active being McBen Motorsports in ST1. For a first year team in ST1 they're flying. Be sure to ask them what they think about their FeatherLight Doubles.

Our support for a race team after the sale is what really sets us apart from our competition. If you are having tuning issues with your doubles please contact us and we can help you iron out what's going on with the car. The biggest goal for our FeatherLight Doubles is putting on you on the podium, and we are committed to making that happen. We feel the FeatherLight Doubles are absolutely the best solution on the market for your race dedicated Corvette.

If you have any questions please call or email us. We can be reached at into@pfadtracing.com or 1-888-972-2464.
I think he is in ST2, I know that is how he was classed when we were at Road Atlanta in June.

Get notified of new replies

To What suspension on a c6 z06

Quick Reply: What suspension on a c6 z06