Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Join Torq at the SCCA Auto-X Aug 14th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 PM
TorqHQ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Join Torq at the SCCA Auto-X Aug 14th!!!

As many of you might know, I am a frequent visitor to auto-x and track events pretty much all over the country. And one thing I always like to do is bring along customers who have never been to track before to get to learn how to really drive their Corvettes, Camaros or whatever they are driving and to see what they are capable of! Auto-X is a cheap and extremely fun way to do this. Regardless of driving experience it is a great way to spend a Sunday in my mind.

"Camp TORQ" at the last SCCA event at PBIR

Xavier with his Whipplecharged Torq-750 and my Project Cammedmaro lined up!

Anywho, the next event down here in South Florida is August 14th at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, and since we will be there with my car as well as with a few customer cars I wanted to extend the invitation to the Corvette Forum members looking to have a some fun, regardless of driving experience. Let's show all these Subaru and Porsche guys what these Vettes can do :thumbup:

My technician John (also and avid Autocrosser) and myself will be available for instructing, and if you have any questions about a proper set-up for you Corvette this would be a perfect time to discuss it. Ride alongs (limited space) will also be available in my own "Race Spec" Camaro for those interested!

Here is a link to the registration site, spaces are limited so sign up fast if you want to come! You won't regret it :thumbup:

http://www.dlbracing.com/drivers/log...%26LMID%3d3203

Create an Account, then just sign up for the Aug 14th event! This will be one of the most fun and educative ways to spend $40. The fun part about Auto-X is that you race rain or shine, and really the worst thing that could happen is running over a cone or two, and yes we have ALL done that :thumbsup:

Here is a link to an awesome video that really explains the whole Auto-X scene for those whom have never been

http://vimeo.com/12067348

And here is a short video of the same event at the same location a few months ago. The Bank Atlantic "track" is actually really fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZZI1VNGUY

We hope to see lots of Corvette guys AND girls out there, this is fun for the whole family! If you have any questions please just send me an email, PM or simply call me at the shop. We will be meeting up at TORQ HQ before hand and cruising up together, so if anyone need help finding the place let me know. Spots are limited so if you are interested sign up fast!

I am aware of that we have many serious road racers and Autocrossers on the forum, but also a lot of beginners who have never been so this is great event for both.

/Erik

Last edited by TorqHQ; 08-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.