Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day Videos (Pacific Raceways in Seattle, WA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 PM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day Videos (Pacific Raceways in Seattle, WA)

Went out and lapped with the Corvette Club of Seattle last week at Pacific Raceways in Seattle, WA and got some pretty decent videos with my new GoPro HD...Thing is awesome! The track was decent today had a few laps in the rain which made things interesting...Had a few good runs and some good video with a bunch of Z06's and also a V10 Audi R8 and actually ended up matching lap times with him even with the rain at times (Session 3). My best lap time was a 1:37 and a top speed of 150mph. I was using the Trackmaster App on my Droid and it is actually really accurate with speeds and lap times...Check out the videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijmgom5qFeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZB-vvGFQ1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-9jWqn9aE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb36GvzQ6Vg
Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Good video. Call me a wuss, but I've been around that course (Kent, not Seattle) and I think the lower part of that track you are calling the "back straight" is extremely dangerous for the speeds run there. There are no guardrails and there are trees right near to the edge of the track, so IF you were to have a failure, especially in a non-caged, non-race car, you would be in deep trouble IMHO.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

Lol I won't be calling you a wuss because I agree. The back side of the track is fairly dangerous so you have to know the track pretty well to have the bal*s to drive more than 7/10ths back there...During this track day I was driving between 6-7/10ths at that part of the track because of the "sprinkles" we were having...They do have tire walls setup back there so that might help a little lol...

Actually during the very first run of the day a guy in a C6 Z06 actually lost it on the back straight and crashed hitting the tire wall and apparently he hit a corner watcher station also...His Z06 was damaged pretty bad but he was ok...Apparently when exiting turn 3b he nailed the gas but missed 2nd then once he got it in gear he chirped the tires and lost control...If you look close in my first two videos you can see the black Z06 sitting off to the right @ about the middle of the back straight section.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
ccj
Racer

1:37's are pretty damn fast at Pacific for a street car. Stock STi? I am curious what tires you are running?

I left the vette at home when I saw rain and brought my RS4 out instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1OYYHFsU0
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Evilash
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I should be more careful out of 3b.

I'm still running the automatic (Z06 trans still sitting on the garage floor) and coming out of 3b between 25 and 30 mph it kicks down when I come out of 3b. I guess that's not a good thing.
I've always respected 5 but never thought much about the back straight out of 3b being dangerous unless I drove off into the trees.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ccj
1:37's are pretty damn fast at Pacific for a street car. Stock STi? I am curious what tires you are running?

I left the vette at home when I saw rain and brought my RS4 out instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1OYYHFsU0
Oh sweet! I didn't realize you were out there too...What run group were you running with?...Nice video btw!...The rain made the day interesting for sure! Still fun though...

Actually my car is a Mitsubishi Evo IX (Same kind of setup as a STI...Turbo AWD)...But no I'm not stock...I'm still running the stock Evo IX turbo and stock Cams but other than that I've got all the basic bolt-ons (Catless 3" Exhaust, Intake setup, 3.5" Intercooler, MBC ect.) and I have my boost set to 26psi and I've tuned it for E85...I'm right around 425whp/402wtq...As for tires I'm running Dunlop Star Specs (255/40/17)
Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
ccj
Racer

Originally Posted by turbotim06
Oh sweet! I didn't realize you were out there too...What run group were you running with?
I ran in the advanced group, which would have made more sense had I brought the C5Z. The RS4 is completely stock and I was on old, worn out ContiSportContact 3's so I was a bit off pace. Once it started raining though...

Actually my car is a Mitsubishi Evo IX (Same kind of setup as a STI...Turbo AWD)...But no I'm not stock...I'm still running the stock Evo IX turbo and stock Cams but other than that I've got all the basic bolt-ons (Catless 3" Exhaust, Intake setup, 3.5" Intercooler, MBC ect.) and I have my boost set to 26psi and I've tuned it for E85...I'm right around 425whp/402wtq...As for tires I'm running Dunlop Star Specs (255/40/17)
Whoops, sorry about that. Sounds well set-up and fast! @ 1:37's time to consider roll-over protection if you haven't already.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:32 PM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ccj
I ran in the advanced group, which would have made more sense had I brought the C5Z. The RS4 is completely stock and I was on old, worn out ContiSportContact 3's so I was a bit off pace. Once it started raining though...

Whoops, sorry about that. Sounds well set-up and fast! @ 1:37's time to consider roll-over protection if you haven't already.
Yea the RS4 must have been great when it started raining...I think next year I'm going to try running in the Advanced group...The last couple years I've ran in the Intermediate group.

And yes I am actually looking for a good SCCA legal cage to get installed this winter...Know any good places to fab one up or make one?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 PM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

Where are all the NW Corvette guys at? Anyone else on here that was at the Marque Club's track day?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 PM
TMyers
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, but it was my first HPDE and I never got out of 3rd and never saw more than 105mph. I was much more worried about the line and even after a full day I still feel I have work to do. Portland was much easier IMO.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:07 AM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by TMyers
Yep, but it was my first HPDE and I never got out of 3rd and never saw more than 105mph. I was much more worried about the line and even after a full day I still feel I have work to do. Portland was much easier IMO.
Yes Portland is a much easier track to learn your car on for sure!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
ccj
Racer

Yea the RS4 must have been great when it started raining...I think next year I'm going to try running in the Advanced group...The last couple years I've ran in the Intermediate group.

And yes I am actually looking for a good SCCA legal cage to get installed this winter...Know any good places to fab one up or make one?
Hmm, that's strange. I thought I responded with a suggestion from my phone, but I don't see it here.

TC Motorsports in Auburn has quite a bit of experience in putting bars/and full race cages in lots of different types of cars. They prepare, support and race as well as do the typical track prep/maintenance and 'mods' too.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Where are all the NW Corvette guys at? Anyone else on here that was at the Marque Club's track day?
I was there instructing and puttering around

Wish some of the people taking pictures would post them. Not too often there are that many Corvettes on the track. Just a few of us teach at the BMW and Porsche events.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I was there too (the gold '87 coupe). I had a lot of fun for my first time at Pacific Raceways. Too bad it had to be wet off and on but was still fun. I worked at learning the line so speed or running at n/10's wasn't really my concern. But for a couple laps I did manage 110 on the front side going into Turn 1.

I have done a lot of track days at Portland and that track is easier on novice drivers.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 PM
ccj
Racer

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
I was there instructing and puttering around

Wish some of the people taking pictures would post them. Not too often there are that many Corvettes on the track. Just a few of us teach at the BMW and Porsche events.
I ran with BMW a couple of times, I'd be willing to run with them again if I knew I'd be in the advanced group. The first time with them (at this point I had been driving Pacific for 13 years) I was okay with running in intermediate with an instructor so they could get a feel for me as a driver (both exp and attitude) but after not being moved up that day and having to run a 2nd time in the intermediate group I decided I'd rather just run with other clubs that already 'knew' me. I have run with PCA in Seattle, but I have run with the portland chapter at PIR and ORP.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by ccj
I ran with BMW a couple of times, I'd be willing to run with them again if I knew I'd be in the advanced group. The first time with them (at this point I had been driving Pacific for 13 years) I was okay with running in intermediate with an instructor so they could get a feel for me as a driver (both exp and attitude) but after not being moved up that day and having to run a 2nd time in the intermediate group I decided I'd rather just run with other clubs that already 'knew' me. I have run with PCA in Seattle, but I have run with the portland chapter at PIR and ORP.
Generally if you run advanced with the PCA guys, it'll transfer over to the BMW club. If you register, do so as Advanced and then list the last experience as Advanced/Solo with the Puget Sound PCA.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 AM
ccj
Racer

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
Generally if you run advanced with the PCA guys, it'll transfer over to the BMW club. If you register, do so as Advanced and then list the last experience as Advanced/Solo with the Puget Sound PCA.
Whoops that should have said I have NOT run with Puget sound PCA, only ORPCA. I will keep that in mind though if I get a chance to run with the PCA up here.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
turbotim06
Heel & Toe

I'm looking to come out and run with the BMW and PCA guys here in the next couple months before fall comes around.

Get notified of new replies

To Track Day Videos (Pacific Raceways in Seattle, WA)

Quick Reply: Track Day Videos (Pacific Raceways in Seattle, WA)