Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race wheels trailer to tow with C5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Race wheels trailer to tow with C5?

Hey Gang,

Quite a while ago I saw a nifty micro-trailer posted in the for sale section that held 4 race wheels vertically in a row, and just enough room for a jack and small tool box. Pretty much the most compact setup you could pull behind a C5 to get the bare essentials to the track.

Does any one have any info on where this (or a setup like it) came from, or where a guy might procure one?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Check out the Harbor Freight trailer #90153 Don't know if Harbor Freight is in B.C. but you should be able to find a store in Bellingham. Does B.C. require licensing a trailer that small?

I used this trailer for a couple years before I went with an open car trailer. I did change the coupler for a 2" ball version and added a swing jack with a wheel to be able to push it around easily.

The wiring was simple to do as the wire color is a standard. The trailer was narrow enough that I could easily see to the rear using the outside mirrors. IIRC. the total towed weight was under 400 lbs.

Install some 3/4" plywood for a deck, add a Contico Pro-Tuff box from Lowe's

This was my setup:
Attached Images   

Last edited by c4cruiser; 05-31-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
GregK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a really nice one I purchased a little over a year ago from another forum member. I used it twice. I have an 18 ft auto trailer now. It's for sale if you're interested. $250. Has an equipment box and post for 4 wheels/tires. Trailer tires are 13" and it Comes with a spare trailer tire, mounted underneath, and an extra coupler to match your ball size. I can send pics in about an hour or so. I'm in Marysville WA so not too far away from you.

Looks like C4cruiser beat me to it. I got the trailer in his pics from him. It's first rate!

Last edited by GregK; 05-31-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Check out the Harbor Freight trailer #90153 Don't know if Harbor Freight is in B.C. but you should be able to find a store in Bellingham. Does B.C. require licensing a trailer that small?

I used this trailer for a couple years before I went with an open car trailer. I did change the coupler for a 2" ball version and added a swing jack with a wheel to be able to push it around easily.

The wiring was simple to do as the wire color is a standard. The trailer was narrow enough that I could easily see to the rear using the outside mirrors. IIRC. the total towed weight was under 400 lbs.

Install some 3/4" plywood for a deck, add a Contico Pro-Tuff box from
+1 for the Harbor Freight. It was fairly easy to assemble and worked great.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 AM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GregK
I have a really nice one I purchased a little over a year ago from another forum member. I used it twice. I have an 18 ft auto trailer now. It's for sale if you're interested. $250. Has an equipment box and post for 4 wheels/tires. Trailer tires are 13" and it Comes with a spare trailer tire, mounted underneath, and an extra coupler to match your ball size. I can send pics in about an hour or so. I'm in Marysville WA so not too far away from you.

Looks like C4cruiser beat me to it. I got the trailer in his pics from him. It's first rate!
Thanks for posting up the info - and that this same unit is up for sale. That might work out well for me, I'll have to see what's involved in bringing a trailer over the border. I'll be in touch!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craigslist.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It can hold (8) or more tires/wheels with some creativity.

Get notified of new replies

To Race wheels trailer to tow with C5?

Quick Reply: Race wheels trailer to tow with C5?