Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'd rather get....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default I'd rather get....

stuck in the eye with a #2 pencil than have to listen to Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, and Jeff Hammond.

The routine "Boogity...." is corny as hell and their down home sayings aren't funny. They need to get some real writers to script them.

Please network executives, get some talent in the booth.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:49 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Ten years later and Hammond still gets on the air with the goggle ring around the eyes lamp tan.
And what's up with having to have women commentating now in every race series and football game.

Last edited by sperkins; 05-29-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
stuck in the eye with a #2 pencil than have to listen to Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, and Jeff Hammond.

Originally Posted by sperkins
And what's up with having to have a women commentating now in every race series and football game.
You have to go old school by muting the TV and listening to the radio broadcast for your audio.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM
crainholio
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They beat Michael Waltrip any day...."Ruthty Wallath wath rubbin' my rear and it got all looth!"
Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,316 Posts

The routine "Boogity...." is corny as hell and their down home sayings aren't funny. They need to get some real writers to script them.

"Boogity...", "Crank It Up", cartoon groundhogs, McReynolds inability to speak english, Darrel's made up words, and so on; thank goodness that we only have 2 races left on Fox this season. It will be so nice to have Wally Dallenbach back in the booth at Pocono, even if it is only for 6 races.

It amazes me that NASCAR has spent years trying to present themselves as a professional sport, and shed the redneck, good ole boy, moonshiner image; only to allow Fox to put that crew in the broadcast booth, who spend every race playing to the that same old tired stereotype, of the NASCAR fan.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I F'in hate that "Boogity...." he is an idiot.

As for women it keeps woman watching and if their hot men too.

I have not watched NASCAR more than 5 minutes the past two years except for Daytona.

Last edited by John Shiels; 05-30-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Racer-38
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But Jody.......those are your people! Don't they live down the street at Big Pine Key?

Best announcers are the F1 guys (Varsha, Matchett and Hobbs) knowledgeable, able to speak and funny. Second best is the Grand Am crew and the guys who do Lemans and BTCC.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh the Bait Shop Boyz might not take a shying to what you said .
Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Larry Mac bothers me the most, I don't mind Mike Joy and DW doesn't bother me THAT bad.

I can't stand bill webber on NBC, he's a complete moron.

Love Varsha/Hobbs/Matchet, and miss Page/Unser/Posey doing Indy. Love Posey's segments in F1.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer-38
But Jody.......those are your people! Don't they live down the street at Big Pine Key?

Best announcers are the F1 guys (Varsha, Matchett and Hobbs) knowledgeable, able to speak and funny. Second best is the Grand Am crew and the guys who do Lemans and BTCC.
You're right, Bob, Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett are the pinnacle.

The others are part of the fabric of the area, and I deal with it everyday at the bait shop.

As a point of reference, here's a picture of Larry Mac's house. Almost $3 million worth.

See what having a combover that's parted down the middle will get you:

Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
"Boogity...", "Crank It Up", cartoon groundhogs, McReynolds inability to speak english, Darrel's made up words, and so on; thank goodness that we only have 2 races left on Fox this season. It will be so nice to have Wally Dallenbach back in the booth at Pocono, even if it is only for 6 races.

It amazes me that NASCAR has spent years trying to present themselves as a professional sport, and shed the redneck, good ole boy, moonshiner image; only to allow Fox to put that crew in the broadcast booth, who spend every race playing to the that same old tired stereotype, of the NASCAR fan.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
"Boogity...", "Crank It Up", cartoon groundhogs, :
Typical N-***-SCAR management thought process:

Someone comes up with a decent idea: put a camera in the ground for high speed closeups.
N-***-scar management: Wouldn't it be a "cute" idea to let the fans name the camera???????????????
N-***-scar management; I know, I know, we could have a groundhog website and sell t-shirts to rip some more money out of the fans wallets.

While we're counting idiots: Mikey W. and Kyle.

Bottom line is that it's the fans that are sucking this crap up (when they're not watchin' Monster Trucks).

Get notified of new replies

To I'd rather get....

Quick Reply: I'd rather get....