Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Race seat / airbag question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Default C6 Race seat / airbag question

If I remove the drivers seat in my C6 to put a race seat in (just for race weekends), what warnings will I get? Will I just get an airbag light? Or will the airbag system beep? Also will the seat belt warning be beeping the entire time? Will this affect the way the car operates...reduced power, etc??

Thanks again for all of the help,
Charley
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The airbag light and the seat belt light will be lit.

Bill
Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The airbag light and the seat belt light will be lit.

Bill
Great. No warning sounds.

Thanks,
Charley
Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
Great. No warning sounds.

Thanks,
Charley
I don't get any sounds on my C6Z.

Bill
Old 05-19-2011, 09:27 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you don't have the buckle there you will get the seatbelt warning chime. But if you keep the stock seatbelts you'll be fine.

You can put a 2 ohm resistor in the plug where the pins for the airbag module are and prevent the light if you so desire...
Old 05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
If you don't have the buckle there you will get the seatbelt warning chime. But if you keep the stock seatbelts you'll be fine.

You can put a 2 ohm resistor in the plug where the pins for the airbag module are and prevent the light if you so desire...
On the C6 the seat belt (female side) comes out with the seat. So by removing the seat and Seat belt will this cause the chime to sound? It sounds like Bill isn't haveing that issue.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

On the C6 the seat belt (female side) comes out with the seat. So by removing the seat and Seat belt will this cause the chime to sound? It sounds like Bill isn't haveing that issue.
The seat belt chime comes on when the unbuckled buckle shorts two wires. Unplugging the connector to the buckle looks like the seat belt is buckled, so no chimes or lights.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM
jkittleson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get no chimes with both seats and seat belts removed. Just the airbag light
Old 05-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jkittleson
I get no chimes with both seats and seat belts removed. Just the airbag light
Great news!

Thanks,
Charley
Old 05-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We used to manufacture a harness to eliminate the seatbelt light when using a race seat, and ately we've been taking phone calls from folks looking for these harnesses. If we started building them again would you guys be interested? Keep in mind these light eliminators only work if you're removing a drivers seat. The passenger seat has a bunch of circuitry that prevents this harness from being effective when installing race seats on both sides.

What do you guys think? Interested in a light eliminator?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
We used to manufacture a harness to eliminate the seatbelt light when using a race seat, and ately we've been taking phone calls from folks looking for these harnesses. If we started building them again would you guys be interested? Keep in mind these light eliminators only work if you're removing a drivers seat. The passenger seat has a bunch of circuitry that prevents this harness from being effective when installing race seats on both sides.

Yep. Love the sway bars I got from you guys btw.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing

I have that harness and the big advantage is it lets me use my telescopic wheel if I remove the seat module from my stock seat and connect it to the harness. Since I have seats installed on both sides I get the red seat belt light. This doesn't keep the front driver's side air bag from deploying in an incident but it will probably deploy at the force level defined for a non belted person. I suspect the passenger side air bag might not deploy since the OEM passenger weight sensor is missing.

Bill
Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 AM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Charley,
Vetteworks seat belt light eliminator will take care of the seat belt warning light if you still have the factor seats installed.
http://www.vetteworksonline.com/cata...6acb55476a0027

If you remove the seats the seat belt warning light will not come on because the circuit looks for an open circuit when the belt is connected. If you want to have the telescopic wheel functional just buy another seat harness from GM and remove the seat module from the stock seat and connect it all up.
Dan
Vetteworks

Last edited by vettedan; 05-26-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Race seat / airbag question

Quick Reply: C6 Race seat / airbag question