Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZO6 rims and a Wilwood BBK

Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ZO6 rims and a Wilwood BBK

Will factory C5 ZO6 rear rims fit over a Wilwood 14" BBK?

Last edited by GOTHAM VETTE; 03-14-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Are you talking about C5Z rims? The LG G Stop kit uses the SL6 wide body caliper and it will fit under the C5Z front rim but that setup only works with stock size rotors. The Z wheels have a pocket that is pushed outward just off center of the wheel and the caliper fits in that pocket. Going out another half inch in radius might make them hit the backsides of the spokes.

Bill
Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Are you talking about C5Z rims? The LG G Stop kit uses the SL6 wide body caliper and it will fit under the C5Z front rim but that setup only works with stock size rotors. The Z wheels have a pocket that is pushed outward just off center of the wheel and the caliper fits in that pocket. Going out another half inch in radius might make them hit the backsides of the spokes.

Bill
Sorry, you're correct I'm asking about the C5 ZO6 rims. I guess I'm going to need to post in the Regional area and see if there is somebody near me who will let me borrow a rim for a few minutes to try
Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to know what WW brake kit you have or are getting.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:06 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Here it is.

I haven't been to their site in awhile, but I'm noticing that they have added a note saying that a 1/8th spacer is required to run factory rims.....however it doesn't specify between the base coupe and the ZO6.

I don't mind running a small spacer if that's required.

Superlite 4R Big Brake Rear Brake Kit For OE Parking Brake

Click To Enlarge

Click To Enlarge DESCRIPTION
Billet Superlite 4R four piston calipers are combined with BP-10 compound pads and 13”-14” rotors in this group of big brake kits for custom high performance street and show machines. This group of specialized kits for cars, trucks, and SUV’s retain full use of the OE parking brake, master cylinder output, and ABS where used. SL4R rear kits provide complimentary style and performance with 13” and larger front brake upgrades in conjunction with wheel, tire, and suspension upgrades. Optional caliper finishes and rotor designs enable the builder to match style and performance on all applications.
Note 1. 14" Rotor
Note 2. Kit will require aftermarket wheel spacers of 1/8th" (not included in kit) for rear kit installation with OE wheels.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

This looks like the rear kit. Whats the part # you're seeing?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:23 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by mgarfias
This looks like the rear kit. Whats the part # you're seeing?
That's correct, I'm only worried about the clearence on the rear brakes.

I'll level with you guys, I'm actually asking the question because I want to throw a set of rear wheels with drag radials on to do some quick runs down the track. Knowing that this is where people run these type of rims and BBK's I figured I'd have better luck here figuring out if these would fit.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Send a PM to kmagvette. He runs the Wilwoods on the rear of his C5Z. He just posted some Wilwood rotors for sale in this section a few minutes ago.

Bill
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 AM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GOTHAM VETTE
That's correct, I'm only worried about the clearence on the rear brakes.

I'll level with you guys, I'm actually asking the question because I want to throw a set of rear wheels with drag radials on to do some quick runs down the track. Knowing that this is where people run these type of rims and BBK's I figured I'd have better luck here figuring out if these would fit.
Oh sorry, thought you wanted them for the front - the 14" threw me. I can't speak to the wilwood kits. I run their caliper, but not their bracket, and the rotor has a different offset than the stock rotors I run.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 AM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Send a PM to kmagvette. He runs the Wilwoods on the rear of his C5Z. He just posted some Wilwood rotors for sale in this section a few minutes ago.

Bill
Thanks, sending him a PM now.

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 rims and a Wilwood BBK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZO6 rims and a Wilwood BBK