Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood fender gap adjustment / alignment issue??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Hood fender gap adjustment / alignment issue??

On my C5 the gap between the front fender / hood is wider towards the front on one side. This is from when I took my hand off the clutch in a rush and the car did a burnout on the trailer till it hit the front tire rack which is 3" C-channel. C-channel dug into the splitter on that side so it probably misaligned the fender.

I have so much crap in boxes on the hood I can't really pop it open. I can't wait to find out and can't put the stuff outside as it is supposed to pour. Are there slots or something on the top fender edge to adjust the gap? I need about 3/16" in towards the hood for it to look good and even front to back. I was making head cover brackets as I pulled the headlights out. Now when I put headlight cover on and really looked at the car after few years I see it is not right.

I hate working in a cramped garage I need to sleep tonight also and if I don't know I can't.

thanks

Last edited by John Shiels; 03-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Hood fender gap adjustment / alignment issue??