Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spherical bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Spherical bearings?

My poly bushings are binding pretty bad. I have 2 month old front ones. The rears are a couple of years old. When I went to corner balance, I could not get repeatable numbers. Every time I would drive the car onto the scales, I would get a different reading with no changes. Up to 10-15lbs different per corner. What gives?

I'm thinking that maybe I should go with Spherical bearings. Brand? maintenance , durability, etc.

Any neg. comments on a particular brand, PM me.

Thanks,

Steve A.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:55 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I personally like the blackdog racing ones. They are only available for the lower arms, and are ultra expensive, but they are definately done right. Not to mention they don't make any noise like poly bushings do when they need lube. I have delrin uppers in the rear and poly in th the front uppers. The fronts uppers seem to move around a lot.
If you are running leaf springs there are some things you can do to all but eliminate any sticktion when on the scales. I've got it down to where it only changes a couple pounds as I jounce the car to free it up.
Slip plates (not just ones that rotate) are a must on the scales simply because the track width (on these cars) changes as the suspension cycles. That is the biggest reason the cars have a tall ride height when first dropped from jack stands.

Quick Reply: Spherical bearings?