Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling Wheel Drive Shafts

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling Wheel Drive Shafts

How can I pull the rear wheel drive shafts on a 2010 C6 without the special tools called out in the shop manual?

I have done it a few times in a C5 and they simply slip out with a gentle pull. C6 is different the axles separate easily at the CV joint and does not seem you can simply pull to remove.

Looks like the special tool is a slide hammer and bracket to slip behind the CV joint at the differential.

Thinking I can just pry a bit between the axle and the differential. Easy to get to since I am already taking out the transverse spring as I am changing over to the new Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers.

Any help I can get tonight would be great !! Car is on the lift and hate to put it back together without changing out the axles and hubs to the new ZR1/SKF units.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just slipped the ones on my '06 out of the hubs like you described for the C5...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem is not pulling them out of the hubs. Already have the spindles off, just having difficulty pulling the wheel drive shafts out of the differential.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am replacing ours and decided to do one side this evening (C5). I just gave it a little wiggle and out it came........driver side tomorrow then back to the shop for her new motor.

:woo hoo:

Get notified of new replies

To Pulling Wheel Drive Shafts

Quick Reply: Pulling Wheel Drive Shafts