Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Harbor Freight trailer wheel stud size?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:16 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default OT - Harbor Freight trailer wheel stud size?

I know a number of guys have the little Harbor Freight trailers - what is the wheel stud size? I need to replace one and I'd like to have all the parts ready.

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Best thing to do is to call the HF tech line at 1-800-444-3353 to see if you can get replacement wheel studs. Chances are it's metric. If there is a trailer sales place close by, pull the entire hub off the axle and take it with you to see if they can match one up. Good time to clean, inspect, and re-pack the bearings and replace the grease seals at the same time.

You didn't say if the trailer you have uses a 5-bolt pattern (12" wheels) or 4-bolt (8" wheels) but I would expect that the studs will be the same.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:37 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

with c4cruiser.

I have a small Tractor Supply trailer that is probably almost identical to yours.

I just went out and looked at mine. It has Dexter hubs, model# 8-259. They're 5 bolt hubs, but I think the 4 bolt hubs will probably use the same lugs. You can look on the back of your hubs to see who makes them, but I bet it's Dexter - Google "Dexter 8-259" (or what ever model you have).

My lugs are 1/2-20 (1/2" diameter lugs with a 20 threads per inch pitch). Mine are 2-1/4 overall length from the base of the head to the tip.

You can get replacements for them at most any auto parts store - probably less than 2 bucks per.

Good luck!!

Bob
Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

In case anyone else is wondering or wants to pick up spare studs/lugs - M12 x 1.25, not sure of the length.

Get notified of new replies

To OT - Harbor Freight trailer wheel stud size?

Quick Reply: OT - Harbor Freight trailer wheel stud size?