Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACP under-tray on my car picture

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:20 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default ACP under-tray on my car picture

few wanted pictures of it. http://badboyvettes.com/main/display...=BodyWork3.jpg few other pictures if you nit the next button bottom right. Picture of my OEM engine also after it scrambled like an egg. That was the best cylinder tranny and diff all went the same day.

Last edited by John Shiels; 02-26-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great John. How soon before she is rolling again?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Everett Ogilvie
Hopefully by June. Getting some eye operations One done one to go on 3-15. Best mod ever Cataracts good bye. Difference is unbelievable with one eye done. Usually people are a bit older but I never wore sun glasses or hats. Working and looking at bricklayers on the scaffold I guess fried them. 80% of people over 60 are affected by cataracts. Protect your eyes people!

The computer screen & TV is so bright and my vision is mind boggling. Can't wait to see an F-1 race. No glasses It made working on cars, trucks, telescopic rough terrain forklifts (Lulls), kayaks and boat a huge frustrating problem. Lights strapped to my head and anything else I could figure out. Just before I knew I had to go get them out I put up more fluorescent lights in the garage.

Just picture looking at a white vinyl fence and it is really quite off white. Driving and not seeing the dash because the light coming in affects you eyes. Never getting pissed at someone with high beams on coming at you. Saying where's the HUD Now doing bids on the blue prints and looking at the computer screen will be a joy. No glasses even close it seems. Books or newspaper I have to hold 12-14 inches away to read. I may get some reading glasses. I feel like a new puppy who just opened his eyes. I really think my eyes have not been this good since I was 14 when I got my first prescription. Should make me faster on track too. Sad thing I just heard on CNN there are 10.2 million people in Rwanda and SEVEN eye doctors. How luck we are here.

Cons:

I'll be cursing at people with there brights on

I see every flaw in paint.

I see every spec of dirt or dust.

I can see the concrete pavers in the driveway are wearing and the aggregate is exposing.

People look older including me in the mirror!

Another pro I hope I can weld again because I could not see the puddle when welding.

Watching bricklayers I will spot every little thing at a long distance I don't like.

Rant over but is I am lucky money / insurance could buy because it is worth millions!

Now I can drive to the track at night with no problems. I was really not feeling good about night driving. Tomorrow I'll drive my GS that was just totally repainted. I looked at it today and it still looks like a perfect paint job. Pizza looked better today.

Sorry done now!

Last edited by John Shiels; 02-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:40 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Everett Ogilvie
That picture of the tray is from 03 or so.

Last edited by John Shiels; 02-26-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff, John. Not to get off subject, but I saw how relieve the air out of the top of the front wheelwells. Where did you get the outside hood vents? ACP? My carbonfiber hood only has the center double 5 louvers.

Thanks,

D.J. Covert
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 96solo
Good stuff, John. Not to get off subject, but I saw how relieve the air out of the top of the front wheelwells. Where did you get the outside hood vents? ACP? My carbonfiber hood only has the center double 5 louvers.

Thanks,

D.J. Covert

ACP CF hood
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

GOOD LUCK!

Jim

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Hopefully by June. Getting some eye operations One done one to go on 3-15. Best mod ever Cataracts good bye. Difference is unbelievable with one eye done. Usually people are a bit older but I never wore sun glasses or hats. Working and looking at bricklayers on the scaffold I guess fried them. 80% of people over 60 are affected by cataracts. Protect your eyes people!

The computer screen & TV is so bright and my vision is mind boggling. Can't wait to see an F-1 race. No glasses It made working on cars, trucks, telescopic rough terrain forklifts (Lulls), kayaks and boat a huge frustrating problem. Lights strapped to my head and anything else I could figure out. Just before I knew I had to go get them out I put up more fluorescent lights in the garage.

Just picture looking at a white vinyl fence and it is really quite off white. Driving and not seeing the dash because the light coming in affects you eyes. Never getting pissed at someone with high beams on coming at you. Saying where's the HUD Now doing bids on the blue prints and looking at the computer screen will be a joy. No glasses even close it seems. Books or newspaper I have to hold 12-14 inches away to read. I may get some reading glasses. I feel like a new puppy who just opened his eyes. I really think my eyes have not been this good since I was 14 when I got my first prescription. Should make me faster on track too. Sad thing I just heard on CNN there are 10.2 million people in Rwanda and SEVEN eye doctors. How luck we are here.

Cons:

I'll be cursing at people with there brights on

I see every flaw in paint.

I see every spec of dirt or dust.

I can see the concrete pavers in the driveway are wearing and the aggregate is exposing.

People look older including me in the mirror!

Another pro I hope I can weld again because I could not see the puddle when welding.

Watching bricklayers I will spot every little thing at a long distance I don't like.

Rant over but is I am lucky money / insurance could buy because it is worth millions!

Now I can drive to the track at night with no problems. I was really not feeling good about night driving. Tomorrow I'll drive my GS that was just totally repainted. I looked at it today and it still looks like a perfect paint job. Pizza looked better today.

Sorry done now!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Painrace
GOOD LUCK!

Jim
thanks Jim
Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

The splitter on the front in the VIRC5 pic, did it allow enough air flow for cooling. Looks pretty small.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by waddisme
The splitter on the front in the VIRC5 pic, did it allow enough air flow for cooling. Looks pretty small.
tons of cooling car runs cool. After testing the oil I was told I could go 4,000 track miles Mobil 1.

Get notified of new replies

To ACP under-tray on my car picture

Quick Reply: ACP under-tray on my car picture