Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First HPDE Event with my rebuilt engine and new tires!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First HPDE Event with my rebuilt engine and new tires!

Well guys wish me luck this weekend i head back to the track for the first time in about 5 months.

If any of you guys have checked out my post on the break & rebuilt it all happened back in Oct. I had just a C6 Z51 with basic bolt ons headers, exhaust and tune with a Halltech Venom Intake. Roughly 375 hp and im not sure on the torque.

After the rebuild i have a 403ci LS2 with a road race came for gobs of torque, ported LS2 heads, FAST102, Halltech SuperBee CF112, NW 102TB, LS9 Clutch w/ Lightweight steel flywheel.

Early dyno showed 489 SAE hp with about 479tq. I am still running cats which i hear could add a smidge of HP and it wasn't broken in.

I am also going to run this weekend with ToyoR888s for the first time. I had basically only been on Firestone FireHawk Wide Ovals, both the runflats and the non-runflat Indy500. So traction will be a noticeable increase for me.

Ill be recording many different angles this weekend on my GoProHD so ill post up some video later.

Its going to like learning the car all over again. At least i know this track somewhat from being on it 3 times last year.

MSR - Cresson, TX.
Event: The Driver's Edge

If anyone is local you should come out and check out the event.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck, be careful!!! It is a blast when getting new power. I remember my first HPDE after my LS6 cam build, it was a BLAST!!

Then I remember my first HPDE with the C6Z and it was so much fun, we all talk about suspension and brakes (and rightfully so), but extra power just adds such a nice grin factor. To pass cars at will is pretty cool.

I remember doing a HPDE event at an all Porsche event and it was like taking candy from a bunch of babies, just picking them off one at a time. Nothing they could could hold me off...I remember only one of them would even talk to me, which made it even better.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Those R888s should help get the power to the pavement. With my 402, I always had to wait until car was completely straight before throttling up. I haven't broke the R888s loose yet, but I will keep trying. Did heads and Kooks over the winter, so next Monday I will be at VIR with 482 lbs rwtq vs 454 before. Once you get comfortable with motor, it should be a blast! Can't wait to see vids.

Get notified of new replies

To First HPDE Event with my rebuilt engine and new tires!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First HPDE Event with my rebuilt engine and new tires!