Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Certified Instructors need for Hpde Nashville March 5, 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Default Certified Instructors need for Hpde Nashville March 5, 6

Guys, tracks unlimited is putting on a hpde weekend event at Nashville Super Speedway March 5, 6. We are in desperate need of certified instructors. We are a professionally run outfit that offers participants good classroom teaching, in car instructors, and a lot of trace time for $399. Our typical daily schedule provides drivers with up to 3 hours and 15 minutes per day on track. We have had incredible registrations for this event with over 75 total, but 48 of the participants are novices. We never saw that coming. We have a sweet deal to offer instructors that will help us. In exchange for doing this event for us, we will comp you a full weekend May 21, 22 at the new Atlanta Motorsport Park in North GA. This is the newest road racing courses built in the US, and will be one of the finest. Every turn is patterned after the most famous turns on road racing circuits around the world. We will be the first organization of offer an event on this track, and my partner is one of the members of the track. This is a great opportunity to get on AMP before anyone else. Grass roots magazine is planning to be there to cover the event. How about it? Call me at 423-280-8414, email me at jstout4jms@aol.com, or visit tracksunlimited.net. Thanks. Jerry
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Do you have a host hotel near the track?
I'll check my calendar tomorrow at work and see if I can clear my Friday afternoon as well as the weekend.
Will they let a Corvette run at a Porsche only event
Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

I instructed with this group's Feb. 5th date here and they run a nice operation. Since I don't have a Porsche I am accruing credit for the AMP event later this year which will work out nicely since I don't like to instruct until I know exactly where a good line should be. I have already had a student that wanted nothing but me to tell where to brake, turn in, add power. Of course that weekend had a lot of discussions.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance of running just one day? Two days at NSS is one too many.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 PM
jstout
Drifting

We have negotiated discount rates at both the Holiday Inn, and I think the Hampton. Unfortunately they are really picky about not letting non porsche's run at this particular event, that is why we are comping the instructors the free weekend at AMP May 21, 22. That will be the first event held on that track, and grassroots motorsports will be there to cover. Hope you can help us out, we are really in a tough spot with so many novice drivers. Thanks in advance. Jerry
Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM
jstout
Drifting

Thanks for the positive feedback. We are constantly striving to improve. Our goal is to run the best events for the best price. We will have it even more together at this porsche event. Again, thanks for the feedback. Let us know if you have suggestions on how we can make it better. We are developing a point system for instructors, where each day you instruct, you get a certain number of points that at the end of the year can be converted to discounts on racing stuff, parts we sell, or services in our speed shop. In addition, we are going to buy instructors lunches both days from now on. These are just a few things we can do to let our instructors know we value them, and hopefully have them choose to instruct with us over another group if it is a toss up. Jerry
Old 02-18-2011, 09:39 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

OK, let me run it by the wife. Got some honey do list to complete.
I'll call you next week if I can break loose.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 PM
jstout
Drifting

ttt
Old 02-18-2011, 10:46 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Checked with the wife, I have some things to work on the next couple weekends.
I will be calling you Monday - I have a "kitchen pass" for that weekend though.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:24 PM
jstout
Drifting

That would be awesome if you could join us. Thanks for being willing to consider burning what I call a hall pass with us. Jerry
Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

OK, I completed the instructor registration. As we spoke on the phone I'll see you next weekend.

James
Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 94 Posts

Default NSS March 5-6

I booked my hotel for this and will spend this weekend getting the cobwebs out of my equipment. I'll be glad to take the credits towards AMP. I'm just glad to be starting the season.

Get notified of new replies

To Certified Instructors need for Hpde Nashville March 5, 6

Quick Reply: Certified Instructors need for Hpde Nashville March 5, 6