Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Meeting The West Coast T1 Gang

Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Great Meeting The West Coast T1 Gang

I was in San Diego visiting family and was able to sneak away for an afternoon last saturday to meet up with Oli and the rest of the group.

We all met at the race shop of Bob & Kyle Kelley and introduced ourselves. This was the first time for me meeting the west coast guys (except Oli & Kyle) and what a great group of people.

There was also some perspective T1 guys looking at joining their group, it was a pleasure meeting/speaking with you also.

After the race shop social, we headed over to a great Mexican restaurant for dinner and then off to K1 Speed indoor Karting.

I knew I was in trouble when these guys broke out their own helmets and gloves. We had 9 of us for 3 races and the last race they talked the manager into letting us do a standing start. I was all pumped up until the start when the green waived and my kart went know where.

It was then, that I was having flash backs of the Run-Offs start waiting for the pile up but they all got around me ok.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the hospitality and to the Kelleys for letting us drool around their race shop. Hope to rejoin you T1 guys again someday.

Aaron Quine

Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Glad you got to meet up with everyone Aaron! You know more of the SoCal guys than I do now!! Unfortunately, instead of getting my Camaro down there to get finished and meet with you guys my weekend was spent in the car rewiring/mounting my data system and a bunch of other things to prepare for this coming weekend...needless to say, I'm still finishing things up with the car and still need to load the trailer!

I'm undecided on Mid-O for the NASA Nats this year, but hopefully I can make it back there sometime soon!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 354 Likes on 221 Posts

I find it ironic you say you were "in trouble" when we broke out our own helmets. You showed us SoCal guys how you can just jump into a kart the first race at a new track and spank almost all of us. Here is proof!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

thanks for posting always good to see people making great friends off the forum.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW... Steve has an F125 kart, is the SPDiv T1 champ, and could do no better than next to last.

Originally Posted by Olitho
I find it ironic you say you were "in trouble" when we broke out our own helmets. You showed us SoCal guys how you can just jump into a kart the first race at a new track and spank almost all of us. Here is proof!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 354 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by RX7 KLR
WOW... Steve has an F125 kart, is the SPDiv T1 champ, and could do no better than next to last.
To some extent at K1 it comes down to what kart you get....

We did three races with some very different results at times.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

You should have seen the burrito he ate....
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Aaron, Great meeting you, Jim, Chuck, and Brent.

The standing start race resembled "bumper cars".

The Kelley's shop is always fun to check out. Bob & Kyle are always gracious hosts.

LOL! I remember saying, "I need my gears!" These things are a long way from 44HP and 6-speeds. Should have made some of those Carlsbad K1 events with the San Diego Solo crowd.

Last edited by Bimota Guy; 01-12-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Great Meeting The West Coast T1 Gang

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great Meeting The West Coast T1 Gang