Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar Spring End Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM
zigspeed10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardbar Spring End Kit

http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...products_id=48

Anyone use these? Do the Delrin pads cause more or less binding in the suspension after the car has been jacked up? Do the Delrin pads wear out fast and need replaced.

The head on one of my stock bolt adjusters is rounded off. What are my other options for a replacement?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

a lot of us run them, the friction on the control arm is much less with the delrin pad, so you can make adjustments with the car loaded (very hard to do with the rubber pads). this is handy for when the car is loaded on the scales and you are adjusting ride height/corner weights.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:55 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

you can also slip a piece of slipper plastic....think a cut-up fake license plate...between the control arm and adjuster or spring (if you've removed the adjuster completely.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by drivinhard
the friction on the control arm is much less with the delrin pad, so you can make adjustments with the car loaded (very hard to do with the rubber pads). this is handy for when the car is loaded on the scales and you are adjusting ride height/corner weights.
No kidding. Tim's car was almost impossible. I had to use so much force to turn that tiny little adjuster that I just knew I was going to break a knuckle or two. The large bolt head end on Gary's delrin adjusters are the bomb.

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar Spring End Kit

Quick Reply: Hardbar Spring End Kit