Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship in October 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship in October 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE​
Phone:​760.247.8077
Email:​avcoystoo@verizon.net
Website​www.calclub.com

A Road Racer’s Dream Come True

Buttonwillow, CA – January 7, 2011 – Cal Club in partnership with Buttonwillow Raceway Park is taking on what many road racers have been dreaming of for many years. *A single championship that matches the best amateur road racers in head to head competition no matter what sanctioning body they race. *A major effort is taking place to align car classes from all the organizations so the race groups will offer a challenge to all levels of cars no matter their home organizations. *
Entrants from the SCCA, NASA, VARA, HSR, ASC, Porsche Clubs, and BMW Clubs are all invited to the “Championship”. *For the first time barriers will be blown away for two full days of racing at Buttonwillow Raceway Park.
Each entrant will declare what organization they are affiliated with and their car will be inspected under the rule book of their home organization. *The goals for this event, besides having it become an annual happening, is to have safe, fair racing and loads of fun.
So mark your calendars for October 29th and 30th, 2011 as all road racing roads will lead to Buttonwillow Raceway Park.
Cal Club has been a major force in West Coast road racing for more than 61 years and majority owner of Buttonwillow Raceway Park located in Buttonwillow, California, a few miles West of Bakersfield. *The Club has nearly 2,000 members, offering competition programs in road racing, time trials, solo(autocross), and road rally. *The Club has a rich history producing some of the world’s most noted drivers and the best race volunteer workers the sport has ever seen.
###

Last edited by Olitho; 01-07-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:15 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will there be any class(es) for street legal daily-driver cars like the HPDE guys use?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 AM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE​
Phone:​760.247.8077
Email:​avcoystoo@verizon.net
Website​www.calclub.com

A Road Racer’s Dream Come True

Buttonwillow, CA – January 7, 2011 – Cal Club in partnership with Buttonwillow Raceway Park is taking on what many road racers have been dreaming of for many years. *A single championship that matches the best amateur road racers in head to head competition no matter what sanctioning body they race. *A major effort is taking place to align car classes from all the organizations so the race groups will offer a challenge to all levels of cars no matter their home organizations. *
Entrants from the SCCA, NASA, VARA, HSR, ASC, Porsche Clubs, and BMW Clubs are all invited to the “Championship”. *For the first time barriers will be blown away for two full days of racing at Buttonwillow Raceway Park.
Each entrant will declare what organization they are affiliated with and their car will be inspected under the rule book of their home organization. *The goals for this event, besides having it become an annual happening, is to have safe, fair racing and loads of fun.
So mark your calendars for October 29th and 30th, 2011 as all road racing roads will lead to Buttonwillow Raceway Park.
Cal Club has been a major force in West Coast road racing for more than 61 years and majority owner of Buttonwillow Raceway Park located in Buttonwillow, California, a few miles West of Bakersfield. *The Club has nearly 2,000 members, offering competition programs in road racing, time trials, solo(autocross), and road rally. *The Club has a rich history producing some of the world’s most noted drivers and the best race volunteer workers the sport has ever seen.
###
Very cool! That should be a blast! Wish more regions in the country would do the same!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I like the concept! Wish something like this was done out here in the East!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This race is almost here...more in the SoCal section...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...offs-race.html
Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by cdbmathews
This race is almost here...more in the SoCal section...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...offs-race.html

Yeah, it sounds like it is going to be a great race. The trophies and race sponsors sound fantastic, too.

I am already registered, the car is ready and I can't wait!!!

Oli
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bjm
I like the concept! Wish something like this was done out here in the East!!!
would be a great to place to look listen and learn
Old 10-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

We'd be all over something like that east of the Miss.

Good luck Oli!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Originally Posted by Olitho
Yeah, it sounds like it is going to be a great race. The trophies and race sponsors sound fantastic, too.

I am already registered, the car is ready and I can't wait!!!

Oli
I hope the car will be ready. Waiting on T1 control arms - GM Racing are you listening?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I will be there .
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Went to the P.C.R.R.C many, many years in a row when the SCCA San Francisco region ran it in October of each year. You had to qualify to attend and it was a big deal. Funny, I am going back to the scene of my accident tomorrow to run a track day and return to the track for the first time since the same track nearly took my life nearly six months ago and I had to pull my old suit out of the closet. I was marveling at all the old PCRRC patches on the suit.....that and a big DATSUN patch! Hehe....

Have fun!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
We'd be all over something like that east of the Miss.

Good luck Oli!
Jason, I hope you guys are bothering your NASA scheduling folks and asking them to coordinate with other regions. VIR might be a good location for this.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it would be cool to have a Nasa East and a Nasa West Championship Series to go along with the National Championship race. Do one race weekend in each region to count for the East/West points and for the National Championship, make it double points. You could have the following for the East:

Southeast at Road Atlanta
Mid-Atlantic at VIR
Northeast at Watkins Glen
Great Lakes at Mid-Ohio
Florida at Homestead or Sebring
Mid-South at ??

Each region could still run their regular schedule of events each year… just designate one event to be the special race event. That’s probably pretty far-fetched, but it would be nice to have big fields in our respective classes.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by rmackintosh
Went to the P.C.R.R.C many, many years in a row when the SCCA San Francisco region ran it in October of each year. You had to qualify to attend and it was a big deal. Funny, I am going back to the scene of my accident tomorrow to run a track day and return to the track for the first time since the same track nearly took my life nearly six months ago and I had to pull my old suit out of the closet. I was marveling at all the old PCRRC patches on the suit.....that and a big DATSUN patch! Hehe....

Have fun!
Good luck man!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Good luck man!
After figuring out the Comp Mode and paddle shifters...had a blast! Even got a session in a big, loud, obnoxious Mustevy (Mustang with a Chevy LS2 motor)....that brought the required juices back flowing!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by rmackintosh
After figuring out the Comp Mode and paddle shifters...had a blast! Even got a session in a big, loud, obnoxious Mustevy (Mustang with a Chevy LS2 motor)....that brought the required juices back flowing!
Exorcism.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:47 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope the car will be ready. Waiting on T1 control arms - GM Racing are you listening?
Aren't we all.............

Get notified of new replies

To Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship in October 2011

Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Originally Posted by CP Thunder
Aren't we all.............
My arms arrived today! The car should be running by Saturday!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:42 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

My arms arrived today! The car should be running by Saturday!
Awesome! What about Friday testing? Remember, you should only go about 50% the first weekend to make sure it's running well .
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM
cdbmathews
Instructor

Originally Posted by redtopz
Awesome! What about Friday testing? Remember, you should only go about 50% the first weekend to make sure it's running well .
I plan to practice on Friday, start at 25% and work my way up. That will be my first day in the car. Who is volunteering to show me the way around the track? The number one goal for the weekend, is finish with the car in the same shape it started.!

Quick Reply: Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship in October 2011