Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Rear toe links

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Default C4 Rear toe links

I am hopeing someone here is running heim joint rear toe links on a C4. If so what size inner and outter? I was thinking 3/4 with grease fittings and sleeves if needed on the outter end. High misalignment ones or std. ? I know there are companies that make these but when you own a machine shop it is very hard to justify the price when they can be knocked out on a Saturday afternoon as the only 'build part is the inner mount. My outter ends are getting a bit flakey loose and not up for a China replacement or a 400 NOS part either. Already have made the camber rods and dog bones useing FK rod ends and AFCO swedged tubing.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't have my car handy to measure (in the trailer under a foot of snow) but I should have the receipt from the last replacement set of Heims I ordered. I'll take a look tonight and let you know. If I can't find it I'll have to take a measurement later, hopefully it won't be too late for your needs.

Also, you could contact VBP and see if there's info on their website. They may list the sizes...

BTW, solid bushing rear suspension parts was probably the single biggest improvement to my C4, as quantified by lap time drops.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

BTW I started with greasable ones, even with frequent greasing they still wore out quickly. I switched to sealed teflon lined heims and have been satisfied. I think they were about $27 each.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:54 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Couldn't find the receipt. I got them from Speedwaymotors.com, they have a good selection. I can measure the ones on my car when I'm back in town in a week or so if you still need dimensions.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Rear toe links

Quick Reply: C4 Rear toe links