Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MVP Track Time 2011 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:47 AM
VETTERACER11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MVP Track Time 2011 Schedule

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) has announced their initial 2011 track events. They may add a few new events as 2011 progresses. They have three run groups (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) allowing maximum actual time driving on the track.

April 16 – 17: Putnam Park (Greencastle, IN.) - 5th Annual Tax-Freedom Track Weekend

June 6: Autobahn Country Club ( Joliet , IL ) - Full 3.56 Mile Track

August 8: Autobahn Country Club II ( Joliet , IL ) - Full 3.56 Mile Track

October 15 - 16: Road America ( Elkhart Lake , WI ) – 2nd Annual Cheese Heads on Track

November 19 – 20: Road Atlanta ( Braselton , GA ) - 3rd Annual Flyin Turkey Trot

Registration (on line or mail in) for all our track events is available at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

They schedule a minimum of six, 20-minute sessions for each of the three run groups daily with qualified instructors available for the Novice run group.

It is ALWAYS a great time!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

I'll be at the Road Atlanta event again this year. I have a blast and instructing for this group is lots of fun.

Also there are a couple of other events they are working on that I'll be at as well.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM
jeffjor
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove and Instructed with this group at Road America last October.
They put on a good event. I was pleasantly surprised at the caliber of drivers and how organized the event was. There are also several Instructors on hand for anyone who wants/needs some coaching. If you like driving on tracks, you should give MVP a try, I am glad I did.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I have run in at least one of Mark's events the last three years. He does a great job and you get a load of track time. Plan on making Road America for sure and maybe hopefully one of the Autobahn's. Price is very reasonable also.
Tim
Old 01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Brinton-Z06
Cruising

I probably won't make Atlanta but will be going to Putnam, Road America and Autobahn. I have instructed for the SCCA (at Gateway and Road America) but not for MVP. In addition to the tracks above I have also participated at Heartland Park and Hallett. MVP does a good job running the events and seems to be controlling costs and I have heard there may be dates at VIR and/or Mid-Ohio later this year.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:35 PM
miss peel
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see this discusstion on MVP. This is a top notch organization. I ran his events last year and will run with him this year. His group makes you feel like family, and when you are out of town by yourself, this is important. From Mark to each of his instructors -- they are there to answer your questions and give any help on the track that you may need. By his pricing, I can tell you (in my opinion) he is doing everything he can to keep the cost down for participants. If you come and do one of MVP track days you will be back for more and you will see that a large amount of the drivers are return coustomers.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Free Bump for Mark and MVP! If anyone is interested in LOTS of track time, this is a group too run with. MVP trackdays are well organized and definitely worth the money! I have run with MVP on many occasions and always had a great time............
Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words. I hope to see you all at the track. Happy Motoring!

Feff
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 AM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What's Putman Park like?

Is there a favorite hotel nearby?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
miss peel
Instructor

Putman Park is the perfect place to take you're car on a road course for the first time. 10 turns, with a stright-a-way of about 120mph, depending on what type of car you're driving. One of the best features is if you go off track you just mow grass with you're car with the exception of turn 10 which leads out onto the straight-a-way. P.P. is a lot of fun to drive. StKnoWhere, I see you're from the St. Louis area and they will be about 10 guys from the same area, that I know of. MVP is a very friendly group; come on out and play ---- you'll have a great time.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by StKnoWhere
What's Putman Park like?

Is there a favorite hotel nearby?
Great little track that is pretty safe, lots of run-off.

Can see ~125-135mph in a stock C6.

Here's a clip (not me):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2r09EcpYRQ

Hope to see you out there this summer! I'll be there. Look at 10/10ths Motorsports, Bill runs a lot of events there each year.

It's kind of out in the middle of nowhere, just a few local hotels.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by miss peel
Putman Park is the perfect place to take you're car on a road course for the first time. 10 turns, with a stright-a-way of about 120mph, depending on what type of car you're driving. One of the best features is if you go off track you just mow grass with you're car with the exception of turn 10 which leads out onto the straight-a-way. P.P. is a lot of fun to drive. StKnoWhere, I see you're from the St. Louis area and they will be about 10 guys from the same area, that I know of. MVP is a very friendly group; come on out and play ---- you'll have a great time.
Thank's, haven't been on track for 18 mo (relocated from NC, sold a MX5 and just bought a C6) so this is what I'm looking for to get back into the swing of things, get a feel for the car and have some fun.

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
Great little track that is pretty safe, lots of run-off.

Can see ~125-135mph in a stock C6.

Here's a clip (not me):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2r09EcpYRQ

Hope to see you out there this summer! I'll be there. Look at 10/10ths Motorsports, Bill runs a lot of events there each year.

It's kind of out in the middle of nowhere, just a few local hotels.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the video -- 10 turn skid pad connected by a 2,000 ft straight, just what the doctor ordered

Last edited by StKnoWhere; 01-26-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:24 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Although it's a ways away I'm up for Road Atlanta and looking fwd to it. Glad to hear so many positive responses about this organization.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:23 PM
miss peel
Instructor

If you come to Putnam Park come over and say Hi. Miss Peel will be sitting with the Vipers and a couple of Vettes. Just ask for the owner of Miss Peel.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:55 PM
plaster
Melting Slicks

Looking forward to the June Autobahn and possibly Road America. I haven't been on the track for about 2 years, so I'm hoping for good weather!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
miss peel
Instructor

Come over and say Hi. Miss Peel will be next to a Viper ACR-X. We will be in a group of five Vipers and two Z06's.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Clay Assassin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I basically go to both autobahn events every year since I bought my Z.

Worth every penny. Great events and the instructors are great. If I didn't spend all my time shooting, I would hit all the MVP events.

Get notified of new replies

To MVP Track Time 2011 Schedule

Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Come over and say Hi. Miss Peel will be next to a Viper ACR-X. We will be in a group of five Vipers and two Z06's.
What's the drive time to Putman from StL?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 PM
miss peel
Instructor

From St. Charles you are looking at about 3 1/2 hours if you tow.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

From St. Charles you are looking at about 3 1/2 hours if you tow.
Thanks!

I can't do the weekend but might drive over one day.

Quick Reply: MVP Track Time 2011 Schedule