Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In car cam.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 02:22 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Default In car cam.

Can someone recommend a fairly inexpensive in car cam for racing
Old 12-25-2010, 02:29 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by kimmer
Can someone recommend a fairly inexpensive in car cam for racing
Might want to look here.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...y-outings.html
Old 12-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought 'The Flip" videocam a few years ago and it works just fine for my purposes...it wasn't expensive. The Go-Pro cams are popular and I've read good reviews on the newer Kodak videocams (which are similar to The Flip videocams but maybe even better).
Old 12-25-2010, 09:58 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a Ultra HD Flip after seeing some video that a friend (1BDRSK) uses at our track days. Paid $129.00CDN for it

I'm now waiting for the wide lens attachment and rechargeable batteries to come in.

No issues with mounting to a harness bar either and you can immediately download to a laptop with it's built in USB.

I know a few guys use the Go Pro and it works well.

I think considering they are all pretty much in the same price range (Kodak too), it comes down to reviews. Lots of posts around the "net" reviewing pros/cons.

lauri
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 PM
DarthStimpy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go pro HD wide produces the absolute best in car videos. a traditional camera like the flip has a far too narrow field of view for inside videos.

the gopro also has a very good mic for a lowend camera.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
lkelliott
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default GoPro HD camera

I use the GoPro HD 960 now in all of my videos. I started with a Standard GoPro camera and this video will show the difference between the quality in these cameras. The standard GoPro is shooting the incar view and the HD camera was mounted on the windshield view. I was using the GoPro Suction Cup mounts on both cameras. The suction cup mounts will not damage the finish of your car and will stay secure up to 200 mph! Check out the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREiIfzIrQY

Kent
Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lkelliott
I use the GoPro HD 960 now in all of my videos. I started with a Standard GoPro camera and this video will show the difference between the quality in these cameras. The standard GoPro is shooting the incar view and the HD camera was mounted on the windshield view. I was using the GoPro Suction Cup mounts on both cameras. The suction cup mounts will not damage the finish of your car and will stay secure up to 200 mph! Check out the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREiIfzIrQY

Kent
It took me a minute to realize the old camera was inside (I know ... read for comprehension) as the blur was giving me a headache compared to the new HD which I also run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SO8fK7CQPM
Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I just bought a Kodak Zi8 that I plan to run next year. I got a great deal on it at Target a couple of weeks ago. It was on sale for $129 marked down from $179. I plan to make a mount to go through the hole for the T-top on my 73 or 76. I also plan on buying a suction cup mount to try and mount inside to reduce wind noise. It has an external mic input so I might try an external mic mounted inside the car. I really just plan on experimenting a little with it to see what is best. I don't do many high speed tracks (Putnam Park and NCCC convention when I go), just autocross. I am thinking of using the T-top mount during autocross and the suction cup mount when doing high speeds or when it's raining and have to have the T-tops on. I also need to see if there is a wide angle lens i can use with it. I already bought a remote control so I can start/stop it from the drivers seat. I will attach the remote somewhere with Velcro.

Last edited by vettehardt; 12-29-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To In car cam.

Quick Reply: In car cam.