Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Racing Seat Mounting Brackets Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default New Racing Seat Mounting Brackets Coming Soon!

We will have our NEW C5/C6 mounting brackets with sliders available in January.

We have modified our bracket shown above in the following ways:

1) The rails under the sliders have been widened to better accommodate seats of varying widths. The rails have slotted holes so the sliders can easily be moved inward or outward for optimal fit.

2) The side mounts have a new, wider base. If you spread the sliders and side mounts out as far as they could go they would be nearly 20" wide!! Of course, no seat with a base that wide would fit in the car but that should allow for plenty of room for seats that need to be off-center to fit in the car to be installed.

3) The rear harness mount locations have been modified and lowered to prevent any interference with slider travel.

We expect these brackets to work fine with EVO2 Plus, EVO2 and other popular wider seats that are known to fit in the car without modification. We hope to have feedback on EVO2 Plus seats with these brackets in a C6 within a couple of weeks. If a seat has wide shoulders and touches the door, of course our bracket won't prevent that. The seats we have test fit on the bracket thus far have gained headroom if needed.

The pricing will increase $20 when all the new components are available. Any who order the brackets now will pay the current price and have the option of waiting for the wider version if desired. When you get your confirmation order email, just reply with a message to send the wider brackets in January.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pa...OD/C5-C6/C5MBR
Old 12-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'v been looking for a high quality adjustable seat mount for Kirkey's road race seat. Will this seat mount work in this application? What is the clearance from the floor to the top side of your mount and what hardware is included?
Thanks
Old 12-25-2010, 09:34 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gman57
I'v been looking for a high quality adjustable seat mount for Kirkey's road race seat. Will this seat mount work in this application? What is the clearance from the floor to the top side of your mount and what hardware is included?
Thanks
I am not sure on the Kirkey seats yet. Someone was planning to try an install with a 17" Kirkey seat but we are waiting for feedback. I am not sure if the holes in the sides of the seat line up with our side mounts.

Last edited by marrad; 12-26-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arizen
I am no sure on the Kirkey seats yet. Someone was planning to try an install with a 17" Kirkey seat but we are waiting for feedback. I am not sure if the holes in the sides of the seat line up with our side mounts.
See below.... you drill your own attachment points.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:21 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gman57
See below.... you drill your own attachment points.

The customer who wanted to attempt installation with a Kirkey seat had a 41 series. He mentioned the angles of the seat base might cause an issue with the side mounts but we still haven't heard back from him with details yet. I can give you the dimensions on the side mounts to compare to your seats If you'd like.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:54 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Hopefully this will help know if the side mounts will fit the shell.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM
DarthStimpy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a kirkey 47 series 17" seat that I am looking to mount in a c6, please keep us advised if they fit.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

1) The rails under the sliders have been widened to better accommodate seats of varying widths. The rails have slotted holes so the sliders can easily be moved inward or outward for optimal fit.

2) The side mounts have a new, wider base. If you spread the sliders and side mounts out as far as they could go they would be nearly 20" wide!! Of course, no seat with a base that wide would fit in the car but that should allow for plenty of room for seats that need to be off-center to fit in the car to be installed.

3) The rear harness mount locations have been modified and lowered to prevent any interference with slider travel.
We have a few sets of our new wider brackets in stock. They should work with most side mounted seats that fit in the car.

They can be ordered thru the link below.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

We have a few sets of our new wider brackets in stock. They should work with most side mounted seats that fit in the car.

They were used this week for EVO2 Plus installs. You can see in the photo below the sliders can also be adjusted side to side if needed. Between the adjustibility in the side mounts and the sliders they should work with most side mounted seats that fit in the car.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

These had been sold out for a few weeks but we have some in stock now.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
DarthStimpy
Melting Slicks

Did you ever confirm that the Krikey 47 series fits?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DarthStimpy
Did you ever confirm that the Krikey 47 series fits?
See thread below.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...post1576610107
Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

We expect these brackets to work fine with EVO2 Plus, EVO2 and other popular wider seats that are known to fit in the car without modification. We hope to have feedback on EVO2 Plus seats with these brackets in a C6 within a couple of weeks. If a seat has wide shoulders and touches the door, of course our bracket won't prevent that. The seats we have test fit on the bracket thus far have gained headroom if needed.

The pricing will increase $20 when all the new components are available. Any who order the brackets now will pay the current price and have the option of waiting for the wider version if desired. When you get your confirmation order email, just reply with a message to send the wider brackets in January.

We are making the revision below based on customer feedback. There will be two mounting options for harness lap belts on each side of our mounting brackets with sliders. We moved the mounting hole on the side farther back and higher up and added another behind the rear floor studs. The rear mounting hole will be needed on the C5 door side since you cannot fit an eyebolt between the bracket and the seat belt retractor cover in the car. There may be other situations where customers prefer to use it as well. In the picture below the slider is all the way back in its travel, above the rear floor stud.

There also will be a tab bent upward on both sides of the bracket. We previously had it on the tunnel side only for those wishing to mount their stock seat belt buckle. Since the C6 needs a location to bolt the belt itself on the door side, we are adding it.

We should have the new brackets within 2 weeks.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
ccj
Racer

We should have the new brackets within 2 weeks.
I am assuming this would work with a Sparco Evo without any issues.

Subscribing for status update. At some point I need to replace the speedware bracket i have in case I ever need to pull the seat out again (it doesn't go back in very well).
Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ccj
I am assuming this would work with a Sparco Evo without any issues.

Subscribing for status update. At some point I need to replace the speedware bracket i have in case I ever need to pull the seat out again (it doesn't go back in very well).
It's been used often with the EVO2 Plus in the C6. The standard EVO shoulders are listed as wider and the seat belt retractor might make it tight in the back but if you already have it in the car I would expect it to fit on our bracket.

Get notified of new replies

To New Racing Seat Mounting Brackets Coming Soon!

Quick Reply: New Racing Seat Mounting Brackets Coming Soon!