Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCARY news regarding NURBURGRING

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Default SCARY news regarding NURBURGRING

Guys i know this is 6000-8000 miles away from most of you, but we really need a HUGE engagement here, and i hope you all can go and give us support.
Two stupid privatee aparently has mislead owners of the ring and now the has 400 million euro in loan. (570mill usd)

Read more here
http://jalopnik.com/5684589/save-the-nurburgring

Links to web pages with more info, there is also links from facebook.

Join in and save the worlds most famous and interesting track

Regards
Rune
Old 12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Lets see:

Promoters used Fake business plan, Fake Funding, Fake attendance figures, and the German Government bought into it and funding the Ring, thinking it was going to get its money back?

Sounds like the Owners and the Germain Government is to blame for not doing its due diligence.

The Promoters or / "Privateers" ( or pirates as have been called in the past) should have been the note holders.

Sounds like the Owners of the Ring were not to business savvy.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My question is what would they do with it anyway? Turn it into a Golf course?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:53 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

truely sad

hopefully it will find new owners.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:23 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

I was there this Sunday. No one was on or at the track. 2 feet od snow may have had something to do with that.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn what the hell, sounds like a huge mess
Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

another fallout of the mortgage backed security crisis.

wanna bet the bailout money came out of the 3.3 trillion dollars the Federal reserve gave Europe? That is why their government owns it!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 PM
schuepbach
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This really all came about because of that stupid Nurburgring Experience park they built w/ a massive hotel, a club, etc.

When I go to the ring I love staying at the local hotels, going to the pistenklause to drink beers, eat steak on a stone, and talk about cars/racing all night. Followed the next morning by some fun tourist driving.

I don't care for mini showrooms, massive gift shops, a useless rollercoaster or a club. And I feel 99% of the people that go to the ring feel the same way. No one stays at the new hotel, they want to support the local businesses and get the local feel.

I hope this all gets resolved though, I love the ring and hate to see it go to shambles.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Here is a better explaination:

Gerald Saß
Dear Mr. Joaquin Almunia,

My name is Gerald Saß. I live in Erftstadt, a small town located in the West of Germany,
close to the famous racetrack "Nürburgring", which actually is involved into one of the biggest
incidents of corruption and state protected taxwasting, Germany has ever seen. But it is even worse.....

Let me give you a very short summary of what happened, because the facts are so complex:

Primeminister of Rheinland-Pfalz, Kurt Beck started the project "Nürburgring 2009" although his promises
of finding venture capital failed completely. As a reaction of the financing desaster he fired the Minister of
Finance and handed over the complete Nürburgring facilities (GPracetrack, Nordschleife and the buildings
of the new Nürburgring Boulevard + Eifeldorf Green Hell) in a "cloak-and-dagger" operation into the hands
of Mr. Kai Richter and Mr.Jörg Lindner for the next 20 years!!! Besides these guys are presently under
investigation of the public prosecution department because of deception and disloyalty!!! Up to now they
don't have to fear any consequences, because they are under direct protection of Kurt Beck, who takes
personally care that the investigation doesn't succeed.

During the first year the managers had to realize, that running the Nürburgring Park is highly unprofitable,
except the racetrack ( GP + Nordschleife). For the next year they start compensating the katastrophal losses
by increasing the profites of the racetrack. They already presented a contract to the automotive industry that is 10 times
as high as last year(!). They annoy the organisators of races and trackdays which are, in some cases for nearly 50 years,
responsible for a long tradition of public racing and by doing this, take care that the people in the whole region
around the racetrack take benefits from the action at the racetrack. Instead of that they squeeze the organisators
with a combination of booking the racetrack and accommodations in their own hotels(Lindner Group + Eifelvillage).

All this and a lot more leads to the perverted situation that a whole region is dying by state-subsidized Investement!
The people in the area have no chance to stop the racketeering of minister Kurt Beck and his fellow criminals but have
to watch helplessly, how their long tradition business goes down the drain. Direct inquiries from engaged journalists
are honorated by police-forced house searches etc.. Every investigation is directly or indirectly blocked by minister Kurt Beck.

As a simple citizen I wouldn't have thought of this beiing possible here in Germany in my wildest dreams.

So far, Mr. Almunia, you are our last hope to help us in this unbelievable case of corruption and taxwasting, because even when
planing "Nürburgring 2009", minister Kurt Beck betrayed the EU by blocking the process of public open tendering......

Although the situation is extremly depressing for all the people in the area I don't want to miss the opportunity to wish you and
your family a very happy christmas and all the best for 2011!
Sincerely yours

Gerald Saß

P.S.: For further Information and detaliled documentation about "Nürburgring 2009" please see: http://www.ringumbau.de/
http://www.20832.com/

--

last Wednesday · Report
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corruption and waste, mainstaples of US Politics and Wall Street. It's the same **** everywhere. My neighboor bought his house for $400k, it is worth $250k.

Interesting to see how the US recession has just caused a domino effect worldwide, England, Germany, Turkey, Japan to name a few. The vail has been lifted and the chick behind the black satin is pretty fugly. Only good place right now is China, and that is only 2% of the poplulation, the other 98% work and live in conditions that are absolute human rights violations.

Welcome to 2011
Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Really a bummer.

We had a track / motorsports park investors take the money an run here in the US too. High Rock Raceway in North Carolina.

There are several other race tracks that if not owned by wealthy ppl would be history.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:50 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

The Germans have very strict rules for doing business. only the elite win! The Government minister told Niki Lauda, when he wanted to start his airline, "In the old days, we would have taken care of you!"
Old 12-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Slalom4me
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

At the heart of it, isn't this just another routine privatization of a public
entity?

Someone gets a sweetheart deal for the assets. Gov't operating
subsidies end, so prices have to rise. Users pay a more realistic
portion and taxpayers are no longer on the hook. If the new owner's
business plan doesn't work out, then someone else gets to have a try
at making it work.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:52 AM
fred_S
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad I have done my share of laps, in my own car and driven by Sabine in the ring-taxi. Who knows if in a few years time you still can.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:59 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Slalom4me
At the heart of it, isn't this just another routine privatization of a public
entity?

Someone gets a sweetheart deal for the assets. Gov't operating
subsidies end, so prices have to rise. Users pay a more realistic
portion and taxpayers are no longer on the hook. If the new owner's
business plan doesn't work out, then someone else gets to have a try
at making it work.

yes and the way it should be. Private for profit operation, not Government subsidized with tax money
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 AM
TheMrPickles
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there in April 2009 (after purchasing a BMW 135i in germany)... my wife and I stayed at the Dorit Hotel and the construction for the "theme park" was going on. I did question whether or not this was fesable or not, but I'm American..what do I know!

Driving the Ring in my own car, was the best experience that will hardly ever be replaced. My wife fell in love with doing laps, to the point where an Xbox was purchased with FORZA and she has about 3000 laps on the ring on the game

In any case, its most truely sad news. And its places like this, that makes motorsports a true hobby. And commercializing it to the point of bankruptcy is truly disappointing.

Glad I got my laps in, for it may have been the only chance for me

Get notified of new replies

To SCARY news regarding NURBURGRING

Quick Reply: SCARY news regarding NURBURGRING