Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a C5 fastener parts list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 AM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone got a C5 fastener parts list?

I need some help!

I hear there's a GM list of parts and fasteners list used for the build of the C5. The locator tells what type and size screw/ bolt goes where.

I have a Z 06 where most every bracket, torque head, screw, nut, and bolt has been lost for the front of my Corvette during disassembly.

I've got all the body together. A big thanks to people like Gene Culley of GM House, Colton of Corvette Recycling, and Jim Nolen of Glendale, Az.

Things like the special bolts holding the reservoirs on the inner wheelhouse are missing! Every system's nut and bolt must be found or bought slowing assembly of this car to a crawl!!!

The list would be invaluable to me.

Help!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 96solo
I need some help!

I hear there's a GM list of parts and fasteners list used for the build of the C5. The locator tells what type and size screw/ bolt goes where.

I have a Z 06 where most every bracket, torque head, screw, nut, and bolt has been lost for the front of my Corvette during disassembly.

I've got all the body together. A big thanks to people like Gene Culley of GM House, Colton of Corvette Recycling, and Jim Nolen of Glendale, Az.

Things like the special bolts holding the reservoirs on the inner wheelhouse are missing! Every system's nut and bolt must be found or bought slowing assembly of this car to a crawl!!!

Help!
bump
Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the bump Rusty.

I guess it is called a GM Assembly Manuel. Anyone know where to find one or on disk?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

It would be painful to compile a list, but how about something like this:

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...12&grouptype=B

They break things down pretty well but if you are looking for a lot parts, the format of the web site would be painful to use.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:20 AM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MySR71
It would be painful to compile a list, but how about something like this:

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...12&grouptype=B

They break things down pretty well but if you are looking for a lot parts, the format of the web site would be painful to use.
Boy, this would have help putting the body together. Thanks for the information on this site!

We painstakenly found each and every nut, bolt, bracket, torque head, u-nut, and j-nut for the body! Can't tell you how frustrating it is to have someone take your car apart, charge you $1000.00, then misplace or take every fastener, then wash their hands of the problem!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Someone had posted a huge file on CF a few years back that had every nut and bolt part number and size for the complete car with the same types of drawings as above. I deleted it when I sold my first C5, now I would like to have it as well.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Timz06
Someone had posted a huge file on CF a few years back that had every nut and bolt part number and size for the complete car with the same types of drawings as above. I deleted it when I sold my first C5, now I would like to have it as well.
Yes, This file has already helped. I'm just taking it system by system and hope everything works. Reality? Something wouldn't be right on this groundup restoration.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Specified fasteners are over rated, use Zip Ties!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 AM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Great info! Thanks guys!

Just got the paint and wrap scheme for the race car today. Wow! I'll try to get it up here for you guys so you know what we're working on.

Thanks again Au n egl!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:01 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Dont thank me. Thank David Farmer
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

that PDF can be painful to go through, but it is certainly useful! I obviously scanned in every page myself
Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
that PDF can be painful to go through, but it is certainly useful! I obviously scanned in every page myself
Well, David, you are a wealth of information for others. Kudos for being so thoughtful and willing to share. Thanks! Yes, it took forever to save.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
that pdf have body parts too ?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Massc5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96solo
I need some help!

Help!
Check with Marc, on this forun as vettenuts, he knows and can supply every nut and bolt on a c5.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone got a C5 fastener parts list?

Quick Reply: Anyone got a C5 fastener parts list?