Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vintage SCCA Race car with history !

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Vintage SCCA Race car with history !

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1s-...h-history.html

1964 -1982 C2- C3 Vintage race car with history

This car was raced back in the 60’s by Keith Nelson as the #53 in Ca. Purchased by the legendary Ken Yeo and raced as the #53 and as the # 35 when it was reconfigured with the famous red white and blue livery. Ken and his wife Patti Yeo ran quite successfully with this car throughout Ca in the 60’s and 70s, and 80s.

In the early 80s Ken converted the C2 race car Trans Am specs. Including a C3 birdcage and a Greenwood style light weight wide bodied race car. I believe Larry Park was involved in this transformation and drove the sister car to victories as well. It ran successfully in many local races and Trans Am races in the mid 80s by both Ken and Patti Yeo, claiming many victories.

The car then traded hands minus drive train, about 3 times in about 20 years. Spending most of its time in Northern California and then South Florida. It still retains the Trans Am logs as well.

The car is extremely good original condition. The frame is rust free with no pitting or scaling. It shows no signs of any major damage. The body is complete and intact. It is also extremely light weight. The front and rear clip are easily removable. The doors and hood are also lightweight. The car has the frame reinforced in the critical suspension areas. The car still sits on the original 15x 10 3 piece wheels. A set of the 16’’ original wheels are available for an outside party as well as a complete correct spare wide body.

Here’s a list of the new parts the car now has on it. Most the parts are new from Vette Brakes and Products in Florida, the others items are new from other vendors. New rear end 3:70 posi with big block spindles and half shafts, new offset trailing arms, big J56 brakes and rotors, performance pads, new performance multileaf rear spring, new a arms, solid bushings, ball joints and front end, new steering box, 4 new QA1 shocks ,and coils springs. New ATL fuel cell, approximately 35 gallons, so it can run endures with out stopping if necessary. It has new lightweight front and rear windows as well.

Many pictures are available. Email me at offshore241@aol.com or call me at 561 632 9706 with any questions.

$14,999 obo
Old 07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Pics back in the day
Attached Images    
Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Default When it was originally a C2 RACE CAR

As # 53 and #35
Attached Images    
Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Heres some current pics.

Make an offer, I need the room !
Attached Images    
Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

This car now has over 7k in brand new parts on it.

Make an offer !!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Default Price Reduction !

Price is being reduced,HATE to see it go..,.... I need the room

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]13k obo......

Try and find/price another real deal C2-C3 Trans Am car !! Ownership history back to 1964, log books, pics and all past owner contact info to who ever steals it.

13k obo MAKE A RESONABLE OFFER,YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED !
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Crash-Box
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow !

Offshore...........

Awesome piece of history, I wish I had the room for Her in my shop.
I'm surprised you still have Her ! Don't know what part of the region
of the country you live in , BUT ! Palm Beach International (Moroso) Racetrack in Florida has a huge Corvette Autocross happening this week
You should trailer up/over/down and bring your car their for the week, what do you have to loose ? Well if your close enough that is.............

Good luck with you sale !

C.B.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:14 AM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Crash Box, too funny.......well not really.

I live in the SE Florida region and never even heard about this event,, chock one up for the advertising department....
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 AM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The event going on is the NCCC national convention. They ran there today and will be there again on Wednesday. My dad is down there with his stock 90 ZR-1.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Crash-Box
5th Gear

Originally Posted by offshore241
Crash Box, too funny.......well not really.

I live in the SE Florida region and never even heard about this event,, chock one up for the advertising department....
Offshore................. Any interest from the P.B.I.crowd ???
Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Crash-Box
5th Gear

Originally Posted by vettehardt
The event going on is the NCCC national convention. They ran there today and will be there again on Wednesday. My dad is down there with his stock 90 ZR-1.

Vettehardt,

How did your Dad do ???
Old 07-29-2010, 02:37 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Nice car, if its still in Fla in Oct I would like to take a look at it.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:12 AM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash-Box
Vettehardt,

How did your Dad do ???
I don't know how he did in the high speed event (didn't talk to him today), but I guess Dad let a guy we know from our region drive his car in the low speed. That guy just barely beat dad on his last run. Dad was a little bummed about that. He was running in the 1SF class.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 AM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow...that brings back a lot of memories. I used to autocross with Larry Park (Park Performance on the hood of the car) in the mid-1980s. Don't remember specifically if he autocrossed that car but that was the color scheme he used in all his race cars. I could probably write a book on my memories about Larry and his racing. SCCA Solo II B-Prepared champion several times along with his wife Pati (too bad he fooled around and she shot him dead). Larry also raced Winston West stock cars, NASCAR and TransAm. One story he liked to tell was he ran up PL Newman's *** in a TransAm race and was himself ran into by Dale Sr during A NASCAR race at Sears Point (Infinion) which I saw. Larry was at the tail end of the lead lap when the leader Dale "pushed" him off at the top of turn 2.

You should post your sale in the Northern California section. Many Corvette old timers may recognize it as I did. Wife asked me if I was interested in buying...I would have to get rid of both of our street vettes, get a trailer, etc...etc... Thanks for the memories.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Default Price reduced

I bought another car, this car regretably, has to go. Anyone who might have intrest here on the Fourm would get a better price. Love for it to stay in the family.

Going to listed on Ebay next week if I don't get a deal going this weekend

Get notified of new replies

To Vintage SCCA Race car with history !

Quick Reply: Vintage SCCA Race car with history !