Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Seats With Harness-Ready Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:54 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Racing Seats With Harness-Ready Brackets

Our C5/C6 mounting brackets and sliders work with seats from numerous manufacturers. Below are photos of an OMP RS seat (FIA rated -$549) on our brackets and sliders with 6 point harness installed.

Other FIA rated OMP seats like the GRIP ($639), ARS2 ($729) and HTE ($879) should all fit our brackets from the dimensions we received from OMP. The Cobra Imola S should as well.

If there are any questions, let me know. The black seat shown on the brackets has never been used in a car but was purchased for test fitting purposes. If anyone is interested, we could sell everything you see (seat, brackets, sliders and harness) for $700. Normal pricing would be $997.

Last edited by marrad; 07-28-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do they work with the Corbeau FX1? How much?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gmccreary
Do they work with the Corbeau FX1? How much?
I believe so but could determine better if you could provide the width of the seat where the side mounts install.

If you could also provide the center to center width of the mounting locations in the bottom of the seat (I believe it offers bottom mount sliders as well) that would be helpful.

The complete setup - bracket, sliders and side mounts - its $299.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

What sizes are available? I have found a bunch of these types of seats that I don't fit into.

Bill
Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
What sizes are available? I have found a bunch of these types of seats that I don't fit into.

Bill
Bill,

OMP's dimension chart is below but most of the larger seat widths will not fit in the car.

http://www.ompamerica.com/pdf/OMP%20...at%20Chart.pdf
Old 07-20-2010, 09:41 PM
dtpracing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold! Thanks Mark!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arizen
Other FIA rated OMP seats like the GRIP ($639), ARS2 ($729) and HTE ($879) should all fit our brackets from the dimensions we received from OMP. The Cobra Imola S should as well.

The OMP GRIP and ARS2 seats appear comparable to the EVO2 for waist size. The width in the hip area (between the lap belt cutouts) is only about 1/4" different. The width across the front of the seat and the shoulder width are about 1" narrower which would make the installation easier. The seats would not rub against the tunnel as much or the shoulder against the door. Although the shoulders are narrower on the OMP models I did not find the seat I had less comfortable than the EVO2 Plus I had before. I believe this is because the EVO2 shoulders appear deeper from the seat back to the tip of the shoulder and the deeper the shoulder the wider it must be for you to fit inside them.

If anyone is interested in either the GRIP (similar in size to the ARS2 but only the cushion under your thighs is removable) or the ARS2 (all cushions removable like the EVO2) I would work out the best price I could with our mounting brackets and sliders. I would have the seat shipped to us first so I could set the brackets up so when everything arrived, you would only need to drop the seat into the brackets and install 4 bolts. We could set the bracket up with eye bolts for a racing harness as well if desired.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

We purchased one OMP ARS2 in black to photograph on our C5/C6brackets. We can sell the seat (it's FIA rated), mounting brackets and sliders for $995 plus shipping. You can mount a harness with clip-on lap belts directly to the mounting brackets. We recommend bolt-in sub belts for clearance when the seat slides forward.

We can remove the 4 bolts connecting the side mounts to the seat and ship the brackets all set up in one box and the seat in another. Just drop the seat in; install the 4 bolts and in just a few minutes you'd be ready to bolt everything into your car. You can pre-install your harness and take everything in and out all as one unit if desired.

This seat is a little tighter than the RS model. It's 14.5" between the holes for the lap belts (hip area). I'm a 38" waist and find it great for a track seat bit too tight for daily driving. Anyone interested can feel free to contact me. If your near CT and would like to sit in it first, just let me know.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arizen
We purchased one OMP ARS2 in black to photograph on our C5/C6brackets. We can sell the seat (it's FIA rated), mounting brackets and sliders for $995 plus shipping. You can mount a harness with clip-on lap belts directly to the mounting brackets. We recommend bolt-in sub belts for clearance when the seat slides forward.

We can remove the 4 bolts connecting the side mounts to the seat and ship the brackets all set up in one box and the seat in another. Just drop the seat in; install the 4 bolts and in just a few minutes you'd be ready to bolt everything into your car. You can pre-install your harness and take everything in and out all as one unit if desired.

This seat is a little tighter than the RS model. It's 14.5" between the holes for the lap belts (hip area). I'm a 38" waist and find it great for a track seat bit too tight for daily driving. Anyone interested can feel free to contact me. If your near CT and would like to sit in it first, just let me know.
We got some new seat models coming to photograph on our brackets and it time to blow out this seat. The OMP ARS2 seat above sells for $729 and our brackets and sliders with harness mounts are $279. We only have one seat and we will sell it with sliders and brackets for $799 plus shipping. If you only want side mounts to mount it to your power tracks it would be $699 plus shipping. PM me your zip code if your interested.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:58 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

So you understand how the brackets are set up, I have added the pictures below.

Bracket alone.

Bracket with sliders and side mounts.

Get notified of new replies

To Racing Seats With Harness-Ready Brackets

Quick Reply: Racing Seats With Harness-Ready Brackets