Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SKF Bearing special

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
0BlackdogSpeedShop
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SKF Bearing special

Blackdog is a WD for the finest hub/bearing assemblies available for C5/C6 Corvettes, SKF.

Two styles are available. The first is the standard, OEM replacment part, which meets or exceeds all OEM specs, and is much better than a lot of the imported and/or rebuilt stuff floating around out there.

The second style is the SKF race hub, which uses their X-tracker technology, used on the new ZR1 bearings. Like the standard bearing, this design uses a dual row bearing arrangement, but unlike the standard part, the outer row is a larger diameter, and features more *****. This creates a stiffer bearing, with less runout, and higher pre-loads. Run out on these parts is less than 10 microns. The stiffer design also reduces piston knock back, leading to more consistent braking, and faster lap times. This is the same bearing we run on the race cars.

I've heard that there are a few places around the web selling the standard SKF parts as 'race parts', and even mixing the terminologies for the two. BAR-5049C is the part number for the X-tracker technology bearing for use on C5's, pre 09 Z06's, and all other non ZR1 C6's (09-10 Z06's and ZR1's use a different part number, that features the X-tracker technologies. Blackdog can provide these, as well, but they will not work on earlier cars).

Our regular price for the standard bearings is $1400 a set, installed, with the race bearings coming in at $2150 a set, installed. But, for a limited time, we are going to throw in professional corner weighting, setup, and alignment with each installed set, of either bearing. A service we normally charge $400-700 for.

And, for the next 3 customers, we'll knock an additional $300 off the race bearing price, making it $1850 plus tax, out the door. If you are even slightly serious about tracking your car, this is the bearing for you.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:29 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have them on my car and my bearing problems went away.

Quick Reply: SKF Bearing special