Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good deal on Synthetic oil-Synpower

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default good deal on Synthetic oil-Synpower

my local Kmart has Synpower for $5/quart, plus if you sign up for the Valvoline engine guarantee online, you get a coupon to get either $10 off of 5 quarts, or $20 off of 10 quarts.

Even if you don't want the guarantee, it's a simple sign up, and you basically get the oil for $3/qt.

Not many Kmarts left, but I have one nearby. I actually find a lot of bargains there!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you are mentioning good oil deals...Pennzoil Platinum & Pennzoil Platinum Ultra at Walmart is $5 off the 5 quart jugs with the coupons Walmart will give you at the auto center until the end of this month. Both these oils meet the the GM specs required for the Corvettes. Also the new Ultra has been showing some extremely outstanding results in Used Oil Analysis as posted over at the BITOG oil forums.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

that's great, do you know how much the "jugs" are? I rarely see them cheap enough to buy over the individual quarts (when on sale, or as part of a filter/oil package)
Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Just went to WalMart for a quick check and the Mobil 1 15/50 was 2$21 for a 5 qt jug. Thats $4.20 a qt.

Bob
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
that's great, do you know how much the "jugs" are? I rarely see them cheap enough to buy over the individual quarts (when on sale, or as part of a filter/oil package)
I know the Ultra is $28 minus $5 so it ends up being $23. I'm not sure what the Platinum is but I *think* it's at least $5 less than the Ultra if not more.

Get notified of new replies

To good deal on Synthetic oil-Synpower

Quick Reply: good deal on Synthetic oil-Synpower