Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifting Help Needed PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:05 AM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lifting Help Needed PLEASE

I need some help please. I read a great article http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...admiral94.html on the how to of lifting safely your corvette, however it was a C5. Can anyone please tell me if the admiral's instructions will work for a C6?

I PMed him but his last activity was in December of 2009. I want to purchase the lumber and build the jack stand lift supports he gives detailed instructions on but I need to know if the diagram and directions he gave are correct for the C6 also. Are the C5 and C6 useing the same lifting locations and are the dimensions the same.

Thanks you in advance for the help. Need to bleed the brakes ASAP and want to lift it safely.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

The link doesn't work! Give me a call 772 335 8318 Jim Dillon I put the jack stands under the front and rear cradles. On the rear I jack in the middle of the rear cradle and the same on the front if you have a low enough jack. Otherwise you need to use 2 jacks, one one each side where the jacking points are. JD
Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 AM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lifting Help - Have the answer

Thanks to Steve, I have the answer. Thanks

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...g-c6-pics.html

Get notified of new replies

To Lifting Help Needed PLEASE

Quick Reply: Lifting Help Needed PLEASE