Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Springs / Ride Height ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:34 PM
RogerT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Springs / Ride Height ?

I have a 2001 Coupe that I lowered as far as I could on stock bolts.
Then I installed Z06 springs, front and rear, cut down the front spring bushings by about an inch, and lowered as much as I could on stock bolts.

What I ended up with is a car that sits about 1/4" higher with the Z06 springs. I expected the car to sit lower, especially with the front spring bushings cut down so much.

Experienced individuals please come forward. What am I encountering here?

Previously, I put on Z06 stabilizer bars and Bilstein Sport shocks and did an aggressive alignment. It handles very well.

Comments please.

Roger T
Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Torch FRC
Safety Car

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I experienced the same thing. However my front spring had a small crack in it (not all the way through). So I attributed it to the front losing its bow shape from the crack. The rear had no crack but was still raised up after it was swapped for the ZO6 spring.

Curious as to the reason for this.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

was this after driving to completely settle the springs, and did you properly seat the spring up into it's perches (must bend the spring straight to get it in properly)??? I don't see why a heavier coupe would ride higher than a Z06 on the same springs if everything is installed properly and settled, unless as Torch says your old springs were drooping a lot.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Springs / Ride Height ?

Quick Reply: Z06 Springs / Ride Height ?