Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hitch and slp exhaust. Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Rob P
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default hitch and slp exhaust. Fit?

I bought a hitch and will be installing it this week and I also have an SLP loudmouth exhaust. Looking at the back, I don't see the room for the hitch to go.

Anyone know whether it squeezes in? If not, I don't want to waste my time trying to make it fit.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:37 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob P
I bought a hitch and will be installing it this week and I also have an SLP loudmouth exhaust. Looking at the back, I don't see the room for the hitch to go.

Anyone know whether it squeezes in? If not, I don't want to waste my time trying to make it fit.
We don't know what the end pipes look like on an SLP exhaust, and we don't know how big the mufflers are. So you're going to have to do a little work yourself.

Jack the car up at the rear both sides. Use jack stands. Slide under the car from the rear with the hitch on your chest. Lift the hitch up into position on the car, and see whether it fits. If it does, then proceed to install the hitch. If not, then don't install it.

Duh!

Last edited by bobmoore2; 07-06-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Rob P
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmoore2
We don't know what the end pipes look like on an SLP exhaust, and we don't know how big the mufflers are. So you're going to have to do a little work yourself.

Jack the car up at the rear both sides. Use jack stands. Slide under the car from the rear with the hitch on your chest. Lift the hitch up into position on the car, and see whether it fits. If it does, then proceed to install the hitch. If not, then don't install it.

Duh!
Wow, great insight. Thanks for stating the obvious. I am asking if anyone has this done already. The SLP tips sit quite close together so I would have to take them off to see if the fitment will work.

Duh!

Get notified of new replies

To hitch and slp exhaust. Fit?

Quick Reply: hitch and slp exhaust. Fit?