Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iracing

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Iracing

Figured that I would start a thread up so we can figure out who is using this sim game.

I just found out about it down at VIR so im behind the curve. My computer is sub-par so im waiting on parts to build one and my playseat + G27 wheel to get the game started.

Chime in if your using the game and post your IGN (in game name) or pm it if prefferd so we can get a list started.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have iRacing as well. My name is Jason Stanley. I mostly stick with the non-aero road race cars. I have a simpod built out of 80/20 aluminum stock where I use my Corbeau FX1 when its not in the car and a matrox monitor splitter to feed 3 screens. Im just using a DFGT wheel with the CST pedals. The CSTs were by far the best upgrade.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't Iracing just a hosting service that uses rFactor?

I tried rFactor some time back but wasn't all that impressed. They didn't have any real tracks with the so called sim and it was supposed to be open source so individuals would create tracks for it. In the end it seemed like all the tracks available were hacked from other sims and made to work (or not) with rFactor. rFactor physics reminded me of Grand Prix Legends which was far from realistic although many would try to convince you otherwise.

The best racing game I ever used was GTR2 by SIMBIN. I still play around with GTR2 some. I love the physics in that game/sim and you can find some decent tracks. I also have GT legends and you can make those tracks work in GTR2.

I run an old Logitech MOMO FF wheel and have it tied into some home made pedals all mounted in an aluminum frame with a bucket seat I found at the dump. You don't really need side bolster support for SIM racing.

I built what was probably one of the first PODS back in the early 90's when most folks were still using joysticks. I made everything from scratch and just used pots from radio shack. My first racing game was Indycar racing from Papyrus (DOS). After that I got into the Nascar games and ran in leagues for years. I have every racing sim made by Papyrus except Grand Prix Legends which was another over rated sim. Nascar Racing 4 and Nascar Racing 2003 were getting back to the GPL type physics and were very hard to master.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Han Solo
Nope - totally different engines and content. I tried rFactor and agree with you. I really like iRacing although I'm not a fan of the subscription model.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
efranzen
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

My first racing game was Indycar racing from Papyrus (DOS). After that I got into the Nascar games and ran in leagues for years. I have every racing sim made by Papyrus except Grand Prix Legends which was another over rated sim. Nascar Racing 4 and Nascar Racing 2003 were getting back to the GPL type physics and were very hard to master.
iRacing was started by David Kaemmer after the demise of Papyrus. So it really is the continuation of all those other great sims you listed.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Nascar Racing 4 and Nascar Racing 2003 were getting back to the GPL type physics and were very hard to master.
I agree! it took me about a month to make a full lap at full speed on nascar 2003.. Accualy sat down one day and did the full 500 miles at Daytona! I was stressed out!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Well im up and running. Riley Phillips. Anyone know where i can get a stand that will allow me to swing my keyboard/mouse over the chair?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
ggasber
Intermediate

I've been iRacing since summer of last year. My rig (in the garage next to my Z06) is built out of 80/20 extruded aluminum with a Corbeau seat, triple monitors, Team ARC modded G25 with their F1 wheel, Logitech 5.1 surround sound, buttkicker and a set of CST F1 pedals on order. This will be my third season in the Star Mazda and I can't wait for the Williams!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

im still learing this game. havent stepped into the time trials or a race yet
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a hell of a time detecting rear slip/loss of grip in the Legends car - any hints? Without the help of the inner ear and seemingly no audible clues, I can't detect much going on before it is too late to save it. I see other guys going a bit on the edge, so I assume it is possible. More force feedback maybe? Not sure where to start looking...
Old 08-02-2010, 07:29 PM
sundiego
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found that neutral throttle on the legends car is necessary on corners. If you back off too much trailing throttle over steer occurs.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I've noticed that, but I have yet to find a way to indicate that the oversteer is happening.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Bumpitdy! anyone else?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of our locals recently won the US/Canada finals. He's Racin Jason here on the forum.

Link to article
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
cebars
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes the pedals that are on Joe's simulator?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-for-sale.html

Joe's set-up is very nice.

How much do they cost and who sells them?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Im interested in where they come from aswell..

Get notified of new replies

To Iracing

Old 01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

I am on it. still running the Pontiac's because I don't get on as often as I would like.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

The new update you should be able to run the Mazda Mx-5's in the rookie class. Much more fun in my book
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
racer313g
Instructor

I've been running the Miata at Lime Rock and Laguna. Just got into the Star Mazda and with any luck will be getting my Class B license in a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: Iracing