Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA BIR May 22nd and 23rd, Racing, BBQ WHO IS GOING

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default NASA BIR May 22nd and 23rd, Racing, BBQ WHO IS GOING

Well we are a week away now My car is about 94 percent done and ready for it's first race. All of my paperwork is in and ready to go. Rat Racing Graphics is bailing me out on Numbers, Rookie plate and etc.

My question is how many people are going to be around Saturday afternoon for lunch. My wife and I are going to have the BBQ running!!! My mother is going to be up there to help. Brats, chips, water, pop and etc. Please let me know if you are planning on eating with us so we can prepare. I have some super brats for the men in the group. These babies will pull the paint off the bathroom walls the next day

See you guys Friday-Sunday. I will be parked on a hill in the shade somewhere so come find me

Randy
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I'll talk to Geff to get an official count, at least 3 but we may have as many as 7.
I'll let you know, we'll be there already Thursday night so we are rested up for Friday practice.
We'll bring up some beer from our neck of the woods for Sat. night, we'll be "camping" too. -not sure if the RV counts as camping?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I'll talk to Geff to get an official count, at least 3 but we may have as many as 7.
I'll let you know, we'll be there already Thursday night so we are rested up for Friday practice.
We'll bring up some beer from our neck of the woods for Sat. night, we'll be "camping" too. -not sure if the RV counts as camping?
The RV counts only if you are sharing it with other dudes.

I hope it rains on friday Just giving you guys some crap. It's a fun track you guys will have a good time.
Highs in the 71-72 range
Lows in the 60's
30 percent chance of rain Sunday

Hell I'm going to pack my winter jacket, it still is MN.....

Randy
Old 05-18-2010, 11:15 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Official count is 6 we'll bring some hot dogs for Geff's grand kids.

If it rains on Friday I think I'll drive down to DRM and have fun re-wiring your car Wait maybe not I may fix something

I'll be packing my jacket, rain gear, tank top, parka, and as alway the lucky nomex thong

Hopefully we can learn the track a little before the lessons start on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the Randy Express!

Start calling everyone you know we only have 18 entrys in the 2 race classes.

Later, Joel
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Hey Randy, still don't see you listed as registered for the wheel to wheel or time trials. ? Hope to see you there!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
Hey Randy, still don't see you listed as registered for the wheel to wheel or time trials. ? Hope to see you there!
I signed up on Sunday Night. ST2.... Maybe TT on Sunday.

Randy
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I should be there both days.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should be able to make it at least Sunday. Might even make it Saturday too. I will know more about my work schedule tomorrow. I will be in the C4 since the C5 is still at the shop.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport

If it rains on Friday I think I'll drive down to DRM and have fun re-wiring your car Wait maybe not I may fix something
Later, Joel
Joel, if you guys are early. You can learn the high banks of 17 Street SE on the john deere 214. Pick as many dandelions as you want. My lawn is the worst on the block I would mow it just like in the movie "world's fastest indian" but at 3 bucks a gallon it would cost too much.

FWI, PCM no codes, BCM no codes, TCS No codes, all the other crap no comm.

Randy
Old 05-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Not looking good...I am in Tennessee, then I go to Little Rock, Arkansas. Then a little East of Atlanta, GA. Then up to Michigan...then MN(?)...

Might make it for Sunday...I am going to try as hard as I can to be there Sunday. This is going to be a very fun event and I hope that I can make it.

I ordered and had shipped overnight air my seat back braces for my aluminum seats so that it would be ready to leave Friday afternoon...guess I didn't have to pay the $45 shipping afterall :/ .

What time would I have to get to the track by on Sunday in order to run? My Dad might haul my car up earlier so that it can get teched.

This kinda sucks since I have planned on doing this event for a long time and work just got all messed up this week...I don't even know how many miles it is from LA to Omaha to Memphis to Arkansas to Atlanta to Cleveland to MN...but it's a pretty good hike in 6.5 days... Probably a good thing my semi is governed at 65mph because I would be trying to make it in time for Saturday's NASA too hahaha

I will update more when I find out...
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Drive safe so you can enjoy years of racing

Randy
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Yep! Well things turned around a bit today. It looks like I am just heading straight for Michigan, then to Council Bluffs and up to Sioux Falls,SD area...then pretty sure straight back to MN. I still won't make Saturday but if this plan sticks then I will make Sunday and probably be up there Saturday afternoon/evening
Old 05-21-2010, 07:19 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck to all of ya and have a good time. I'll be in a tractor planting corn i hope if it don't rain me out

Get notified of new replies

To NASA BIR May 22nd and 23rd, Racing, BBQ WHO IS GOING

Quick Reply: NASA BIR May 22nd and 23rd, Racing, BBQ WHO IS GOING