Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvettes at FIA GT1 results Silverstone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 PM
andrewdonald1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Corvettes at FIA GT1 results Silverstone?

I've been gone to Kauai the last couple weeks.
Appears that Corvette didn't do very well at Silverstone.
http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv

Anyone know what happened?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM
MistressMotorsports
Pro

Received 128 Likes on 62 Posts

The Vettes and the Ford GT had a ton of weight added to them after the first round, which put them back in the pack. Then they had a rash of mechanical issues and off track excursions that cost them any decent finishes. Without any issues, they still would not have been out front, but they might have at least had some decent results. You should still be able to watch the race from the website.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewdonald1
I've been gone to Kauai the last couple weeks.
Appears that Corvette didn't do very well at Silverstone.
http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv

Anyone know what happened?
Enjoy:

http://motorsport.com/news/series.asp?S=FIA-GT&Y=0

Z//
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

The other day, I was very surprised to see coverage of one of the FIA GT races on Bloomberg TV (Bloom on Comcast digital). It was very strange coverage. There was no comentating while the race was running. Just the video with no announcing. And stock reports were scrolling across the bottom!! Here's an announcement I found.

SRO Motorsports Group (SRO), promoters of the new FIA GT1 World Championship and Bloomberg Television, today announced Bloomberg Television will present coverage of the FIA GT1 World Championship for the next two years.

Bloomberg Television, which has a global footprint of over 245 million households, will have news crew on site at FIA GT1 World Championship race weekends producing extensive race coverage, feature material and interviews across the race weekends. In addition, Bloomberg Television will broadcast FIA GT1 races live or delayed in a number of territories as well as broadcasting a one-hour highlights coverage of the whole weekend worldwide.

Having been awarded World Championship status by the FIA World Motor Sport Council, the FIA GT1 World Championship will visit 10 countries in four continents and will feature iconic marques such as Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Maserati and Nissan.

The 2010 Championship starts at the futuristic Yas Marina Circuit Abu Dhabi on April 17 and ends at the spectacular circuit built around a volcanic lake in San Luis circuit in Argentina on December 5.

CEO of SRO, Stephane Ratel said: "Bloomberg Television is a fantastic broadcast affiliate for the FIA GT1 World Championship. They bring with them a very diverse and exciting audience, and one that I'm are sure will really take to the glamour, excitement and passion of a GT1 World Championship race. The series features cars that some of the audience will be familiar with as their own road cars. So seeing them in full GT1 trim, driven by the best sports car drivers in the world, at some of the world’s greatest race tracks will have an added resonance and excitement."

Brian Martinez, International Managing Director, Bloomberg Television adds: "The FIA GT1 World Championship is a perfect property for Bloomberg Television to work with. We know that our audience is passionate about sport and we want to provide them with all the latest news updates, stories and features behind this championship."

Bloomberg Television will also broadcast live coverage of the FIA GT3 European Championship series across its global network excluding Asia Pacific which will boost the GT3 audience to new levels. In addition, a 30 minutes highlights program, focusing on the business aspect of the series, events, teams, manufacturers and participants will be show on the weekends.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MySR71
The other day, I was very surprised to see coverage of one of the FIA GT races on Bloomberg TV (Bloom on Comcast digital). It was very strange coverage. There was no comentating while the race was running. Just the video with no announcing. And stock reports were scrolling across the bottom!! Here's an announcement I found.
That's *really* weird. Nice to know but weird nonetheless.

The 2010 schedule:
http://motorsport.com/schedules/byseries.asp?S=FIA-GT

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 05-14-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes at FIA GT1 results Silverstone?

Quick Reply: Corvettes at FIA GT1 results Silverstone?