Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pfadt sways

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:34 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default pfadt sways

Hello all,

Looking at upgrading my c6z sways on my 06 C6 but got a couple of questions?

Does anyone know the weight of the stock sways with endlinks and also what are the weights of the pfadt sways with links?

Looking at the street sways but the pfadt site says they are 1.5-2 times stiffer than the z51 sways. Where does that leave them when compared to the Z sways?

Will the streets really be noticeable going from z sways to them for street/track/autox use?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't have a C6Z, but if I did I would get a T1 front bar or a pfadt C6Z SS front bar and leave the stock rear bar on the car.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the Pfatty race bars on my C5Z. love them and don't know the weight differance but they are very light for their tremendous size. If you want serious roll control these are the deal, and they don't change ride quality.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Can someone help me understand this chart? I really have no idea what the wheel rate on the left side means/refers to.

I'm assuming the "points" within each pfadt bar is representing the adjustability of the bar? So you can have a pfadt rear street bar as loose as a Z51 bar or almost half of what a phatty bar can do. Am I reading that part of the chart right?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 AM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm confused by the descriptor 'wheel rate' as well. Torque required for x amount of deflection makes 'engineering' sense to me, but wheel rate probably makes good 'racing' sense. Being that there are no units attached to the y axis, and the word 'relative' thrown in there, the chart has to be comparing the different bars by 'multiples' of each other or a standard (obvious standard would be something that weighs in at *1*)... but I don't see a standard, so I'm just going to guess that someone left the units of the graph. If that is indeed the case, it is poor engineering practice.

Always include units.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:11 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
I'm assuming the "points" within each pfadt bar is representing the adjustability of the bar? So you can have a pfadt rear street bar as loose as a Z51 bar or almost half of what a phatty bar can do. Am I reading that part of the chart right?

Thanks.
Yes, that's correct.

I would caution that it takes a great deal of patience to assemble and install these bars. Fronts in particular.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Can someone help me understand this chart? I really have no idea what the wheel rate on the left side means/refers to.

Thanks.
Since the bars are being compared with "relative wheel rate" I use the chart to compare one bar vs. another bar, but I wouldn't use the chart to try to figure out my actual wheel rates. It's just a nice simple chart to see how the various front and rear bars compare to eachother in torsional stiffness. For example, look at the T1 sway bars front vs. rear. That is a well designed setup for the track designed by GM. Your stock rear C6Z bar is within the range of the rear T1 bar so I would keep it. Then I would probably buy the pfadt C6Z SS front bar (which basically looks like a front Pfadt Street Bar) to provide a balance with the stock rear bar and have some adjustability. Just my $0.02.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

short answer not much difference in perceived from c6z to streets unless you are a very experienced driver. Pfattys are another story, big difference.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM
knyght4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.houseofthud.com/cartech/swaybars.htm

Get notified of new replies

To pfadt sways

Quick Reply: pfadt sways