Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with T1 endlink install...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 PM
rujr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with T1 endlink install...

I just purchased T1 bars and endlinks. My question pertains to the installation of the endlinks. When I recieved the endlinks, the hardware was scattered. As far as I can tell there are two main bolts and lock nuts per end link. There are 1/2" metal spacers and 1/4" metal spacers. There are locking washers and regular washers. What is the correct setup (ie what is the sequence of parts along each bolt)? Thanks for the help. A photo of correct intallation would be very helpful. Also what is the correct procedure for zeroing the sway bars to avoid preload? Thanks. -Rusty
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the short spacer goes between the bolt head and the end link. You want to space the head of the bolt away from the end link joint so it doesn't bind when the suspension moves. Then put the larger spacer between the joint and the sway bar.

Here is the way it was set up on mine with the LG quiet end links and C5 Z06 sway bars. It didn't have any washers. I'm pretty sure the C5 Z06 bars had to be drilled to let the larger bolt go through.

Last edited by MySR71; 05-07-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

it is simply a matter of putting a spacer on each side of the "ball" in the link, as a washer would cause it to bind. You need to use the long one/short one on the side that makes the link as vertical as possible. A washer on the aluminum control arm is nice, but often not used. The first kit I got from GM (before VBP started supplying them) came with no washers at all (this was 10 years ago)
Old 05-08-2010, 06:36 AM
rujr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You all are great.

I really appreciate the responses. You both answered my question. The photograph is spot on. Great work and thank you for your time. -Rusty

Get notified of new replies

To Help with T1 endlink install...

Quick Reply: Help with T1 endlink install...